Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gear grinding and crafting

Lastdragon567
Lastdragon567
Soul Shriven
Getting really fed up of the gear grind in this game, as the looted sets are so much better than the crafted ones. Feels like I wasted my time learning motifs and traits.

So I thought of a way to reduce the grind and the RNG but still keep the push to run dungeons and trials for kit.

So say you'd been running City of Ash for burning spellweave stuff. You've now got a bag full of useless items, with traits like reinforced, prosperous and training. If you took these to Rolis Hlaalu, the master crafter guy, you could perhaps trade 10 spellweave pieces for a Burning Spellweave Plan. This would allow you to craft 1 burning spellweave armour or weapon in any trait and style you wanted.

Make it bound to the account, to stop people making a fortune off these.

Maybe even make the only crafting station you could use these at the ones that you put inside a house, make the houses more worthwile and important. Maybe something could be implemented so that if you visited a max level crafter in their home the plan was tradeable so they could craft for you, but the second one of you left the house the plan or item returned to the original owner, preventing people thieving plans off others whilst making crafters have services they can sell again.

Hell make it apply to maelstrom weapons as well, so unimpressed with the drop rate there :|

Any thoughts?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GR Wildlands releases next week.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501