The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Dodge Roll for controller

tonyb16_ESO17
tonyb16_ESO17
✭✭
I have a number of characters on each PC server. On returning to one of the characters on the NA server after quite a delay I find I can't dodge roll using the controller. Not only that but the options is not shown on the controller bindings (attached). I can roll using the KB and using the controller on all the other characters NA & EU that I have tried (bindings attached).
In posting these I notice that there are several other deficiencies shown on the bindings that I didn't play the character long enough to discover.
Its probably obvious but I don't even know of anything that can change the controller bindings on the PC.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    on an xbox controller it'll be block+a
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am PC EU playing on xbox controller and default gamepad UI, and I was able to dodge roll earlier today. For me it is hold down block, push direction you would like to go and push A.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    Yes but you see I know that. On all my other characters that works and the controller mappings are as shown in my second attachment. On this one, that does not work and the mappings are as shown in my first attachment. You will see that Dodge Roll (and other things) is missing.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On that character.. reset your keybindings to default, or manually keybind dodge roll.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    Sorry, how do I change the controller bindings on the PC?
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    I tried pressing "Defaults" which reset all other options but the incorrect mappings remained.
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    I also found out where the Reset Controller Mapping Defaults is (on the KB remapping screen) but that did not bring back the missing settings.
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    Ok, I can dodge roll again, but the JPGs prove that the problem was there. I'm very curious to know what the issue was.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran into this issue as well recently. I play on PC pts all the time on a controller, but suddenly when logging into the game on an old character I cannot dodgeroll.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..