The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: March 2017"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
73883fcb1b030afe401aa296e4f1cfd5.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Crown Store Showcase: March 2017 blog article.

You might be branded a fool for wanting to ride a feral Sabre Cat mount or cuddle with a fierce-but-adorable Sabre Cat Cub, but who could blame you this close to the Jester's Festival? Check out the March Showcase below for a preview of the new Crown Store offerings.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome jester gear. The sabre cat's look amazing too, definitely one of the most tempting showcases in a while. Please give a clue about the crown price for earthtear cavern.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on March 1, 2017 3:11PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... I love the armour on the mount but I don't want a cat, would love to see that on a Guar.

Thanks for the update.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Just wondering, is the Earthtear Cavern going to be a "semi-permanent" addition to the currently available housing or is it a temporary add this month (meaning only for a few days/weeks)?
  • Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom When are the new crown crates going to be availiable?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabre Cat and cub! Fantastic! Not a fan of the rest though, well, other than the guild voted on the Cavern for a guild hall so it's sweet that we'll have a guild hall soon.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really nice stuff. Definitely curious as to what pricing will be. Not paying 4500 crowns for a mount.

1000 for the cub maybe.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like the look of the furnishing pack. I was (not very) secretly hoping for the datamined Moth Priest costume to make an appearance, but I live in hope.

The cub looks cute, but as things stand i'll be away on business when that hits the Crown Store and it is highly unlikely I will have the opportunity to buy it. I do wish that whoever is behind the drive or the idea to introduce such very short windows of availability would remember that people are often busy for all sorts of reasons and that not all of us get the opportunity to 'live and breathe' ESO on a daily basis, as much as we would perhaps like to do so!

Could you please take this into consideration in the future and make Crown Store content availability more equitable for all of us?
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Why is the Jester's Festival taking place at the end of March, a clear month before the actual Jester's Day celebration, which is on 28th Rain's Hand (April)?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Dang I was really hoping Grand Topal Hideaway coming before Earthtear :S
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Why is the Jester's Festival taking place at the end of March, a clear month before the actual Jester's Day celebration, which is on 28th Rain's Hand (April)?

I would guess it's April Fools' ingame or something like that.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • damnthevalley_ESO
    damnthevalley_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I really want the Earthtear Cavern, but I'm terrified of the price considering that the highest crown price for a manor is 15,000 crowns, and the cavern is a few times bigger than the manors currently in game. Whether or not people agree with the prices on the houses, it would certainly be appreciated if Zenimax was more up front about the costs for each house and didn't make players travel in-game to each house to be able to see the price.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really want the Earthtear Cavern, but I'm terrified of the price considering that the highest crown price for a manor is 15,000 crowns, and the cavern is a few times bigger than the manors currently in game. Whether or not people agree with the prices on the houses, it would certainly be appreciated if Zenimax was more up front about the costs for each house and didn't make players travel in-game to each house to be able to see the price.

It's a marketing strategy. Once you see it, in "person" and can experience it, you're more likely to purchase it than if you just see the price listed. If the price is more than you're initially wanting to spend, you won't even go to it to look around, whereas if you go inside and look around you're more likely to spend a little bit more than you wanted.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess it's April Fools' ingame or something like that.
    That doesn't answer the question though. Jester's Day was made as a Tamrielic equivalent of April Fools, and was placed on 28th Rain's Hand. The Tamrielic holidays between 23rd First Seed and 3rd Rain's Hand are Flower Day, the Festival of Blades, and Gardtide; no Jester's Festivals here.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Smeefs
    Smeefs
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any update on the re-skinned banker/merchant? Are those still in the pipeline?

Thanks!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new outfits i'll take sabercat cub tho as for crates lets hope they have something vamp friendly like the high collar ball gown
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on March 2, 2017 1:40AM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    First crown showcase without any prices. hehehe
    Also, everything is limited but the house stuff. LOL
    So we won't get an increase of stuff added to the store at all because of crates. Might as well just put all items in it because they won't be worth buying when their limited time sales (usually way overprices bc "limited")
    Wish they would just steal the swtor model and let players sell them to each other bc it's way too expensive to buy every season. Better off having the whales buy them and sell for gold. All I know is I have started to care very little for store items since the price keeps rising.
    Edited by WaTeR-aBuSeR on March 1, 2017 7:53PM
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    If the elk had been successful I guess we would be looking at 5k crowns for the cat. Who knows? Maybe they will still price it that way.

The mount is nice but no thanks at that price, so my crown store balance won't be troubled this month. Next...
    "Shut it, you fop" - Valorone, Fighters' Guild, Coldharbour to Darien Gautier
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunneh wrote: »
    If the elk had been successful I guess we would be looking at 5k crowns for the cat. Who knows? Maybe they will still price it that way.

The mount is nice but no thanks at that price, so my crown store balance won't be troubled this month. Next...

ummmm you havent seen the crates yet......lol
    ****Master Healer...****
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its time for a crowns discount pls.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bunneh wrote: »
    It all depends on one's definition of success.

I'm looking forward to the festival! I'll bring my elk. :)
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the sabre cat mount and cub badly.

But if it's 4500 crowns like the elk, I WILL NOT buy it, no matter how much I want it. Please don't over-price it. Thanks.

• SCarverOrne
    SCarverOrne
    ✭✭✭
    Echoing a similar question above, is this Cavern limited time or permanent?
  • treadwyckb14a_ESO
    treadwyckb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The cat mount should be green with yellow stripes, just sayin'!

:p
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cat mount should be green with yellow stripes, just sayin'!

:p

In that case the armour would have to be red though ... :D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I want the sabre cat mount and cub badly.

But if it's 4500 crowns like the elk, I WILL NOT buy it, no matter how much I want it. Please don't over-price it. Thanks.

elk was 5500 crowns not 4500...still insane though...which was why im waiting for that thing to hit crown crates...better luck getting it in those than forking 5500 on one item.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, nothing for me this month unfortunately. The mount, pet, hats and personality are all nice additions but they just don't fit my characters. Oh well, not all months will have something that catches my eye. Fingers crossed for next month!

Also... The Jester's Festival is going to be from March 23 to April 3? That's a month before the previous known date for the Jester's Day in the lore. Will any in-game reason be given for that - perhaps a monarch that changed the day during their reign to make it not coincide with their birthday, for example - or will it be left like that? I know it is going to take place during that time window to coincide with our world's April 1st, but just because there is a irl reason for it it doesn't mean that an in-game reason shouldn't be there too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    I quite like the look of the furnishing pack. I was (not very) secretly hoping for the datamined Moth Priest costume to make an appearance, but I live in hope.

The cub looks cute, but as things stand i'll be away on business when that hits the Crown Store and it is highly unlikely I will have the opportunity to buy it. I do wish that whoever is behind the drive or the idea to introduce such very short windows of availability would remember that people are often busy for all sorts of reasons and that not all of us get the opportunity to 'live and breathe' ESO on a daily basis, as much as we would perhaps like to do so!

Could you please take this into consideration in the future and make Crown Store content availability more equitable for all of us?
    Maybe like a prorder thing
    Or save item
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭

Because Mass Effect: Andromeda releases at the end of March & they won't want us off playing new games.
    Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I second this question! @Lawrence_Schick should be laying down the law here!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    It all looks very nice as usual, but the offerings seem a bit on the skimpy side. Maybe this month is just a one off. My fear is that less and less will be in the Crown Store and more and more in the Crown Crates.

As others have stated it might be worth your while to consider the SWtOR model of tradeable cosmetics. There is much that SWtOR gets wrong, but on that front I believe they made a good decision.

I'm not saying that because I would directly benefit from it. Rather, I think that it would make the game a lot more money and thus encourage even more quantity and variety in the Crown Store proper.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife