Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current DPS Magsorc meta

Dimillian
Dimillian
✭✭✭
So I want back to ESO a few weeks ago, I went from 140CP to 250CP.

I crafted myself a set of Julianos, and I bough some spinner gear to go with it and now a proud owner of Illambris (1H/1L). All divines of course.
Now I'm facing a question, I saw that the single target DPS meta didn't really moved, it's still crushing shock build + light attack weave. I use that in combinaison with crystal frag, mage wraith finisher and liquid lighting/element blockage for boss tick + aoe.

Is that fine ? I'm getting an enrage of 17K DPS alone on group boss.

I also tried the new pet meta, without gearing up, just swapping skill, I need to farm for necropotence stuff. It's a ton of fun, I'm around 20K DPS with it, so it's marginally better.
I really like it, but I'm still debating with myself if I really want to invest time and/or money into gearing up specifically for pet build, because it depend heavily on ZoS balance update, it's been broken for a long time until now... and IDK about the future.

About the DPS, I know it's still not 30K, but I don't test my build with group buff yet, and my gear is still subpar.

What's your favorite sorc build and why?
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    This build is pretty popular right now, 40k single target dps without raidbuffs as a magsorc with pet

https://youtu.be/iZOZbIMXwuA
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    So it's a mix between pet and single target, I like it. Less survivability for soloing content tho. I might use it in trials and vet dungeon, better than purely pet/aoe damage build.
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    i am glad you like it, and you can always swap out few skills so you have a shield and power surge for healing, for example, swap out mages wrath for power surge and you are good to go for soloing content :)
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    No shield ? I really don't like bound aegis that much. Need to farm necropotence too, but for now I'll replace spinner with willpower. Do you play that build in vet dungeon/trials with the pet?
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    you can slot inner light instead of bound aegis on frontbar and harness magicka/hardened ward instead of bound aegis on backbar.
    yes i do play this build in certain trials but as you know, some bosses have mechanics that will cause the pet to die, so you will have to recast it. anyway, the damage with this build is real, so it won't hurt your dps to much to recast it :)
    Edited by Raghul on March 1, 2017 2:13PM
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    And I saw that inner light is no more necessary on both bar? If I cast liquid lighting/elemental blockade from a bar without inner light and then switch to a bar with inner light, will the next tick(s) benefit from the spell crit buff?
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    you will be using essence of spellpower potions wich willl give you spell power + spell crit so yes :)
    the inner light on frontbar is merely for increased max magicka, because your pet's damage scales of max magicka, so it is a must have especially with the necropotence set.
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is necropentence the new bis sorc? Better than the old bsw with vma fire staff?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    If you play pet, yeah.