The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fishing Trophies

Patriick
Patriick
✭✭
I want to line my house with all of those rare fish I've caught. I hope there's plans to add them in the future.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't see why not, except that there may be a lot of them and they would probably take up all of a houses slots. Maybe trophies for the rarest fish and/or trophies for completion of each areas trophy fish.

Let's face it, you don't get much else for the angler achievements.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At LEAST I would like to see Crab-Slaughter-Crane. :(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SpoofGodd
    SpoofGodd
    Soul Shriven
    So I'm new just bought the game 2 weeks ago. Looking for someone to help a fellow Elder Scrolls fan out. How do I get a fishing pole?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpoofGodd wrote: »
    So I'm new just bought the game 2 weeks ago. Looking for someone to help a fellow Elder Scrolls fan out. How do I get a fishing pole?

You just need to find some bait (insect parts, worms, crawlers, and guts) from various sources like harvesting plants, killing insects, killing small animals, etc.). When you find a fishing hole (splashing water like from a piranha frenzy) and hold the use key (E on PC) to select your bait for the water choice. Hit Use again and your fishing pole will appear. Note: the four water types have a preferred bait. There are numerous guides available online.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing in this game is kinda lame.

They should add some sort of mini-game to spice things up.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Can't see why not, except that there may be a lot of them and they would probably take up all of a houses slots. Maybe trophies for the rarest fish and/or trophies for completion of each areas trophy fish.

Let's face it, you don't get much else for the angler achievements.

I believe in order to get the boat you have to have Master Angler
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fishing is something I usually do while I am waiting for dungeon finder to find me a group.

I did spend 3 days last week working on my angling achievements and that got very tedious. I caught something like 2000 fish and still only got about 4 or 5 zones completed before I couldn't take it any more.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver Slaughterfish - only obtainable in Cyrodiil or Cold Harbour

A giant silver fish with massive fangs :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Fishing is something I usually do while I am waiting for dungeon finder to find me a group.

I did spend 3 days last week working on my angling achievements and that got very tedious. I caught something like 2000 fish and still only got about 4 or 5 zones completed before I couldn't take it any more.

You will have well over 12000 fish by the time you get Master Angler.
  • Dargilbon
    Dargilbon
    I went fishing a few times last week and bagged me 2 Fish that can be placed on the wall of your home.. :)
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dargilbon wrote: »
    I went fishing a few times last week and bagged me 2 Fish that can be placed on the wall of your home.. :)

My main Crafter has taken up fishing in the last few days.

She has caught many of the Achievement fish and she has caught several Homestead Furnishing fish
    • 1 x small (blue) fish
    • 2 x medium (blue) fish
    • 1 x starfish (blue)
    • 1 x Trout (purple)
    • 1 x Salmon (purple)
    She does most of her fishing whilst doing harvesting runs and whilst waiting for Dolmens to spawn.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please Zos I want a singing trout to place above my fire place
    Edited by White wabbit on March 6, 2017 11:13AM