The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please put a language selector in the LFG tool

Korsario
Korsario
✭✭✭
It is so frustrating to be grouped with germans and frenchmen that arent able to communicate or make an effort to dungeons go like ***. Thank you.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move to the NA server?

Also, I don't think further fragmenting the LFG tool would be a good idea. It already takes a while to form a group, and further reducing the number of players to run with is not going to help.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, lets put in a CP requirement.
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    Well i prefer to wait longer than have a group unable to communicate, they could let you pick all languages if you didnt mind. Also they LFG times are easily fixed if they increased party size to 5 or 6 so the DPS ratio is higher but these people only seem focused on gettign expansion moneys.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for consoles that kinda makes sense but for PC how does the language "not work" ?

Like does the text appear in their language because I've not experienced it before I left PC
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 28, 2017 10:38PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    So for consoles that kinda makes sense but for PC how does the language "not work" ?

Like does the text appear in their language because I've not experienced it before I left PC

Cause they cant or dont want to speak English? How does console even has anything to do with this?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think it's more like: select a language when queuing up, and the game will only group you with others who also selected that language.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Korsario wrote: »
    It is so frustrating to be grouped with germans and frenchmen that arent able to communicate or make an effort to dungeons go like ***. Thank you.

Move to the NA server, or take foreign language classes. That region of the planet has been multilingual for longer than the fictional timespan between ESO and TES 5.

If they add a language selector, it probably won't change who you end up grouping with.

Heh, even if half of them do speak English as a second or third language, they'll probably refuse to, just to troll you, lol!
    Edited by srfrogg23 on February 28, 2017 10:52PM
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

Move to the NA server, or take foreign language classes. That region of the planet has been multilingual for longer than the fictional timespan between ESO and TES 5.

If they add a language selector, it probably won't change who you end up grouping with.

Heh, even if half of them do speak English as a second or third language, they'll probably refuse to, just to troll you, lol!

Thanks for your very insightfull addiction to this discussion now you can move on with your life hopefulyl in a permanent fashion. thank you.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for your very insightfull addiction to this discussion now you can move on with your life hopefulyl in a permanent fashion. thank you.

English isn't your first language, is it?
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭

It is not but i think people can normally understand me and not become a liability during a dungeon. Im just asking for more options.

Hopefully this would be done after fixing the whole LFG mechanics and icnreasing the ratio of DPS players into a group, waiting 30 minutes for a group isnt fun.
    Edited by Korsario on February 28, 2017 11:00PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how someone who is ESL (English as a Second Language) does not want to play with other ESL players.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

95% of the players who play eso can write simple English.

They just don't want to talk even if its obvious they don't understand boss mechanism / tactic.

Problem with language filter is that everybody would use English because of most people there.
    An russian or french guild group would have no issue switching to English for the little communication it is in an pug dungeon. Hi, everybody know dungeon, Im after burning spellweaver, focus on the adds, nice run.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok but there is one flaw with your solution
    Someone who dont plan to comunicate anyway can just turn on all language and your back at the starting point

Ps i have absolutly no problem to play with people who don't want /can't comunicate since in this game people tend to be whiny so in dongeon if i dont know you 'im not in group chat use text chat
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is not but i think people can normally understand me and not become a liability during a dungeon. Im just asking for more options.

Hopefully this would be done after fixing the whole LFG mechanics and icnreasing the ratio of DPS players into a group, waiting 30 minutes for a group isnt fun.

I'm only asking because you don't seem to understand what other people are saying to you.

Move to the North American server. English is the primary language on this server, so no need for a language selector here.

Like I said, most of those guys probably speak English as a second or third language, they just don't want to respond because they've got some weird prejudices about how inferior the English language is.

So, they're probably not going to be prevented from grouping with you because of some language selector. They'll select it to get a faster group and continue to ignore you.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cause they cant or dont want to speak English? How does console even has anything to do with this?

@Korsario

We have voice chat and text chat. I'm just asking if it's a technical issue, but you can't make ppl communicate. That's any platform......

when using the activity finder, we all get various situations.....but wanting a filter seems to me that you'd better enjoy manually formed groups.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501