The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Suggestion] Game Launch UI and load times

grumlins
grumlins
✭✭✭
I'd like to ask that one of the side projects for ui changes come in the form of the launch process. It takes an unusually long time just to get the game to the load screen with the characters you have.

Now I understand that this delay is put in place usually to sell your brand to other game publishers and that's fine. The issue is however, that there is about 4 animations before you get to press A to continue and choose your server.

What happens with such a long delay though is that in order to attract the attention of future publishers you only need to have those animations play ONE TIME during the new initial launch of the game. It becomes not only unnecessary but also completely ugly when it comes to bugs in the game requiring relogging or issues with the game crashing after crashes.

I would request that ZOS follow the guidelines that Arenanet used for their game launch system. These are the features of the launcher:

1. The launcher only loads the animations for the developers/publishers 1 time during launch.
2. The launcher directs the player to the character list almost immediately. (almost no load time)
3. The launcher will instantly reload a player to the same character they were on during a bug issue or a crash issue making getting back into the game as painless as possible.
4. The launcher has almost no load time for the process of getting to the characters list.

I feel the launcher code for this game makes it a bit of a chore to try to login especially after a major issue and since it's still basically acting like it did since the Beta days it needs serious attention.

Thanks!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just create a shortcut to the exe in your folder on PC

Start and change the txt to 0 and skip the video stuff

I'm on Xbox one but for pc you can click and be on the log in and then chat screen.

It's an old forum post
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501