The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Writ for Ruby Ash Shield of Torug's Pact, Impenetrable, Malacath, Epic is bugged

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've triple checked, and had my guild double check this shield, it is correct, however, the quest will not accept it as fulfilling the quest objective. I've logged out for 2 hours, still bugged.
I've also tried putting the shield in the bank and taking it back out, nope. Not going to abandon this quest for obvious reasons.

Either the quest text is bugged, or something is not right.

Help?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't get images to upload, even low-res ones. In-game help just sends me here.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well, guess I'll just drop this since there's no answer. :(

This isn't the first time a Master Writ item (yes it's correct!) hasn't fulfilled a master writ. I can spare the mats, but it's rather annoying.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the shield bug, but mine was for Shield of Alessia's Bulwark, Ancient Orc. Shield crafted, but writ still says not complete. I've triple checked I used the correct trait etc.
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭
    Sirona_Starr, can you also upload a screenshot of the quest (with what it asks you to craft)?
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad. Missed that mine had to be legendary. Duh.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't the first time a Master Writ item (yes it's correct!) hasn't fulfilled a master writ. I can spare the mats, but it's rather annoying.

You definitely made the item on the character who had the Master Writ quest?
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »

You definitely made the item on the character who had the Master Writ quest?

Yes
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    Just had the same with Greaves of Torug's pact.
    GM - [Trade, PC EU] The Forbidden Cleavage - pm to join
  • biggbran34
    biggbran34
    Soul Shriven
    Mine is rubedo leather jacket, epic, well fitted, song of lamae, daggerfall covenant
    Tried 3 times with no success
    Edited by biggbran34 on April 20, 2017 11:14PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Madlark @thatlaurachick
    I've triple checked, and had my guild double check this shield, it is correct, however, the quest will not accept it as fulfilling the quest objective. I've logged out for 2 hours, still bugged.
    I've also tried putting the shield in the bank and taking it back out, nope. Not going to abandon this quest for obvious reasons.

Either the quest text is bugged, or something is not right. ....
    Please identify the platform and the megaserver on which you play the game. (See my signature below, for an example.)

I assume that the Journal on your PC still shows the quest to make the Masterful item for that writ has not been made, i.e., the quest remains incomplete. If it were completed, then it should instruct you to "Deliver the Item" and offer a Hint as to where to find the NPC that will accept it.

If memory serves, one of my PCs received a Woodworking Master Crafting Writ to make a "Ruby Ash Shield" with the
    • Quality: Epic
    • Trait: Impenetrable
    • Set: Torug's Pact
    • Style: Malacath
    and I did not encounter any problem creating it. Please note: a Ruby Ash bow, staff, or shield can be crafted for Level 50 CP 150 instead of Level 50 CP 160 (which requires 10 times as many pieces of Ruby Ash), even for Legendary quality. I do not know what happens if a PC crafts one that is Level 50 CP 160, but it shouldn't make any difference since it is a Ruby Ash item.

If memory serves, the Writ was received one day last week by a different PC who deposited the Sealed Writ in the Bank. The next day, the other PC who has learned a few chapters of the Malacath style withdrew the Writ, made the shield, and delivered it. So the problem might occur with Xbox One and/or with PlayStation 4, but not on PC/Mac.

Which is to say, please read and follow these guidelines for the Bug Report Forum:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294964/guidelines-for-bug-report-forum

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still can't get images to upload, even low-res ones. In-game help just sends me here.
    If the image is online, use the editor's feature to insert a URL for it. If the image is on your computer, use the Attach a File feature which is below the editor's "Leave a Reply" text entry field. (Either way, please don't assume the feature is unusable simply because the image doesn't load as quickly as you might prefer.)

Edited by Shadowshire on April 21, 2017 12:05AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the image is online, use the editor's feature to insert a URL for it. If the image is on your computer, use the Attach a File feature which is below the editor's "Leave a Reply" text entry field. (Either way, please don't assume the feature is unusable simply because the image doesn't load as quickly as you might prefer.)

No I was assuming it wasn't working because when I would attach an image it never showed!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Madlark @thatlaurachick

Either the quest text is bugged, or something is not right. ....
    Please identify the platform and the megaserver on which you play the game. (See my signature below, for an example.)

I assume that the Journal on your PC still shows the quest to make the Masterful item for that writ has not been made, i.e., the quest remains incomplete. If it were completed, then it should instruct you to "Deliver the Item" and offer a Hint as to where to find the NPC that will accept it.

If memory serves, one of my PCs received a Woodworking Master Crafting Writ to make a "Ruby Ash Shield" with the
    • Quality: Epic
    • Trait: Impenetrable
    • Set: Torug's Pact
    • Style: Malacath
    and I did not encounter any problem creating it. Please note: a Ruby Ash bow, staff, or shield can be crafted for Level 50 CP 150 instead of Level 50 CP 160 (which requires 10 times as many pieces of Ruby Ash), even for Legendary quality. I do not know what happens if a PC crafts one that is Level 50 CP 160, but it shouldn't make any difference since it is a Ruby Ash item.

If memory serves, the Writ was received one day last week by a different PC who deposited the Sealed Writ in the Bank. The next day, the other PC who has learned a few chapters of the Malacath style withdrew the Writ, made the shield, and delivered it. So the problem might occur with Xbox One and/or with PlayStation 4, but not on PC/Mac.

Which is to say, please read and follow these guidelines for the Bug Report Forum:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294964/guidelines-for-bug-report-forum

Dude... this post is weeks old. And Seriously, get off your white horse.