The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do poisons stack?

Maximusx13
Say I use poisonous injection then light attack with 100% status affect and a PvE poison pot. Then switch bars and light attack (charged trait weapons also) with a different PvE poison pot. Then add bleeding. Will all four be doing damage?

Best Answers

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conventional wisdom has always been that different sources of poison stack. For example, multiple poinson injections don't stack, they just refresh the poison duration. But hit with poison inject, acid spray, then proc alchemal poinson and these will be running multiple DOTs.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No debuff limit...other than if like 400 debuffs and AOEs get applied in pvp the whole game crashes for everyone, lol. That's sort of like a limit.

People have been screaming for debuff limits since poisons came out. A decent Nightblade can really stack these onto an enemy player. But I'm not sure zos would ever put a cap in place...buffs and debuffs are kinda a core combat system to the game.
    Answer ✓
  • Maximusx13
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Conventional wisdom has always been that different sources of poison stack. For example, multiple poinson injections don't stack, they just refresh the poison duration. But hit with poison inject, acid spray, then proc alchemal poinson and these will be running multiple DOTs.

I thought they would but wasn't for sure. One other question if you don't mind. Is there a limit to how many debuffs you can apply to a target in PvE and PvP?