The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind Class change tokens

bloodthirstyvampire
bloodthirstyvampire
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you accept Class change tokens
Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on February 28, 2017 6:50PM
Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º

Morrowind Class change tokens 138 votes

Yes
31%
SlayerSyrenaSolarikenArtisFerretstalkerAbeilleNerouynTanis-StormbinderSorakaDao_JonesFarorinRajajshkaElliottXOKingDasDingKatinascyclonus11jcacereswReverbKrileonADarkloreRebornV3x 44 votes
No
68%
Albino_DunmerDeadlyRecluseZardayneNewBlacksmurfotis67FreemanSigtricstevvvob16_ESOWtrengaMadyGigasaxElsterchenbertenburnyb16_ESOjedtb16_ESOSkayaqKhenarthiThe_SpAwNDarlonemanuele175b16_ESOGallifreyy 94 votes
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I mean not now I've already created the classes I want to play. And lvled them up.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure, even though I find them a bit unnecessary.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I find the game too easy already in terms of leveling everything, getting the skill points, getting the achievements. In the "old days," my pvp toon spent months working to get that extra two meter range in pvp, and when he did it felt like an accomplishment. And getting my color for blocking 10 million dungeon damage was a two year process.

I understand why people would want to change from a class they're tired of. But class changes would be too much "pay to win." People with the crowns would use it to quickly level skills, passives and achievements on an easier class, then transfer it to another. And that's the reason the class change posts have swamped the forums...people want to roll a shiny new Warden with all the skill points and perks without putting in any work.

• riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    No
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I find the game too easy already in terms of leveling everything, getting the skill points, getting the achievements. In the "old days," my pvp toon spent months working to get that extra two meter range in pvp, and when he did it felt like an accomplishment. And getting my color for blocking 10 million dungeon damage was a two year process.

I understand why people would want to change from a class they're tired of. But class changes would be too much "pay to win." People with the crowns would use it to quickly level skills, passives and achievements on an easier class, then transfer it to another. And that's the reason the class change posts have swamped the forums...people want to roll a shiny new Warden with all the skill points and perks without putting in any work.

Exactly. Class change should never be allowed. There are more than enough available character slots so that you can play other classes. Put in the work and quit asking for free stuff all the time. Last time I leveled a character, it took 11 hours of play time to get from 1-50, and there are guides available to do it even faster.
    PC NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The whole point of adding a new class is to play it from the start
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I guess we've gone almost a day since the last poll about this so a new one was due.

Same as always

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • DeusExMachina
    DeusExMachina
    ✭✭✭
    This dead horse has been beaten past the point of recognition as a horse.
    I'm calling PETA.

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Some mechanism like that must be implemented. I'd rather see the account wide achievements though, than the class change. It's the same result = people aren't punished for playing alts and their choices aren't devalued by adding a new class, but it won't be as easy to switch between FOTM builds every patch.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm still with yes. It may be quick to get to 50, but that's just 10% of the total progression. Skill points, achievements, traits and ranks are not done within a day.
  • Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't want to have to make another character run all the questing zones again so I can catch all the references in dialogue I might miss otherwise.

Boy there's a lot of quests.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    just roll another toon ffs
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would be kind of nice if my frost mage on a frost mare with a frost pet in a frost motif costume who's name is Winter could actually have access to frost skills.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are on record stating they have no plans to ever add class change...

It it were to come with Morrowind, I have two characters that were built in expecation of nature spells coming with spellcrafting, back in the day. I would gladly switch them to warden. But since it probably won't come, I will just recreate them as wardens, and someday racechange the originals into something else. Maybe if they ever add more unlockable races? I'd love to make my thunder priest a Maormer stormcaller...
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, you should be allowed to change your class one a month. Some don't seam to understand that achievements, motifs, etc.. are all character bound. If you determine the class of an alt is much better than your main class and you want to change main characters then you're screwed. This token would be of great help for changing your main. The once a month usage helps prevent abuse.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a new class ffs play that ***
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No! It ruins the purpose of ever creating a new character.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Snippit_Thomas
    Snippit_Thomas
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I want to play from the start
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never use them but it wouldn't bother me if other people did.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like if ZOS introduced a specific class change token each time they introduced a new class, one to be used to change for that class only.

Then I would be able to change my crafter into a Warden, which is a class that suits her much better, and I wouldn't lose character-specific stuff that I can't get anymore (on this case, an exclusive cash motif).

FAQ:

Do you *have* to have everything on all characters?

No, and I don't, but it happens that one of the characters that I want to be a Warden is the only one that has this motif, and I would completely lose access to it if I rerolled (maybe never to get access to it again if it is not put back in the store again, since it was available for limited time through the store only).

Why don't you just make a new Warden/reroll a different character?
    Because it is not about having *a* Warden, is about this specific character being a Warden. Because to me, who my characters are is actually important, and I would like their class to reflect who they are, and a Warden does that better for this character (and for another one that I already decided to reroll anyways).

If you are already rerolling your Cryomancer to be a Warden, why would you want your Master Crafter to be a Warden too?
    My Master Crafter is currently my second Stamina Templar, and being a Stamina Warden just fits her better. Besides, my Cryomancer will be my Magicka Warden.

But leveling to 50 is so quick and easy, why don't you just reroll?

Leveling to 50 is nothing. It bares absolutely no weight on rerolling a character. Like, none. The problem is the character-specific stuff that I can't get anymore. Again, leveling is nothing.

But then we will have max level Wardens that can't play their class!
    I will reiterate. Leveling is nothing. I can make a new Warden, grind to 50 in a lazy evening and learn nothing of the class while doing so. Besides, if the class change token knocks the class skills back to zero as it should, I can take my max level Warden and go level her class skills anywhere in the world, in the way I prefer, and it makes no difference if she is lvl 3 or lvl 50, like at all, because the world is leveled now.

But choices should matter!
    Sure thing love, absolutely. I agree. When we had all the options to begin with, yeah, they should absolutely matter. When we actually had the choice, sure. But we never had the choice, So... Yeah. "Warden Class Change Tokens" should definitely be a thing for existing characters.

I'm confused. How can your character fit the Warden better if the Warden didn't exist when they were made?
    My characters are created long before I make them in the game. They were created taking into consideration what is possible within the TES universe - animal companions, frost magic - but that were not widely available in this game specifically before the Warden.

But why didn't you make a character concept that was possible within the game?
    Because mechanics that are available for NPCs but not to PCs should not limit anyone's creativity. My Altmer has black hair, even if in game she still can't have black hair.

And why didn't you wait to make them after a class that fits them was released?
    Because ZOS said until very recently that they had no plans to add another class, so I had no reasons to believe when I made this character that the perfect class for them would be introduced. In fact, one of these characters (the Master Crafter) was created within the first ten minutes after the servers went live at release.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • spencer2361
    spencer2361
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing a system like DAOC used to have. If you had a max level character, you could roll a new one that started at level 20. No a game breaker, but a nice little reward for reaching max
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I don't like that ESO has classes at all and warden was always the class I would have played had they not dropped it pre-release.

Then spellcrafting was promised (including nature magic spells) but never delivered. So I made a bunch of nature themed (i.e. their names) characters in preparation for that and suffered through the damned horse feeding grind.

I neither want to delete and restart those characters nor to pay extra for ZO delivering less than they promised. So I think free class changes just to warden would be appropriate with Morrowind.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Wow, so many insecure people that want others to suffer... You know, some people actually have just ONE character and do EVERYTHING on that one character since release. Maybe, just maybe, we feel achievements are based on OUR accomplishments as a PLAYER, our ACCOUNT - and don't want/can't to re-farm everything on a brand new character. Those achievements on our main character serve as a collection of memories and events we participated in. Personally, I want players to have the choice to swap a class and keep using their character. Sure, you level the new class skills up, but all your previous accomplishments are preserved and you a PERSON continue your journey through Morrowind. But hey, that just crazy talk, right?
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    just roll another toon ffs

That's not an option.
    I want to play from the start

How in the hell is it related to the question? Play from the start. No one will force anyone to use the class change.

THe last 3 out of 4 comments are summing the issue up. It's not about leveling 1-50. It's about all the effort we put and about certain characters who have their names and all.
  • emanuele175b16_ESO
    No
    No easy buttons, please.
    Want to level a warden fast? Play the game and learn how to play the new class.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care if its implemented or not I doesn't hurt anyone.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No easy buttons, please.

they will learn how to play it while leveling skill lines and/or doing quests in morrowind.

Do you guys even think before you post something? Or you're just like "oh let me type something that makes no sense".
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No easy buttons, please.

I should have known. Nobody ever read FAQs before posting.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's a moot point. Zos said no.

But this topic still brings entertaining conversation.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's a moot point. Zos said no.

But this topic still brings entertaining conversation.

They said "we have no plans to add this". They said that about many things in the past that were eventually added.

Meet my characters:

• klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would accept a free character slot, but what is the point of changing a class you liked enough to make using a class change token worth using? Just create a new character, and level it up. Leveling in this game is so fast anyway. I do absolutely every quest I come across, knowing it is far from optimal leveling if going for speed, and it still goes fast.