The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ophidian Venom, Poisonous Serpent

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can anyone explain what this set is supposed to do? Do I need to run poison instead of enchants? Should I run poison enchants? I have a bunch of this stuff lying around, so I was trying it out last night through a few normal dungeons and a trial.

It didn't seem bad...it was actually very similar killing stuff quick as my VO/2Fang setup. I used VO/Venom/Velidreth. Never saw any kind of proc or anything....I don't know how you can tell if it's doing anything really.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works for any poison, as far as I can tell. I've gotten it to proc with both poison arrow morphs, venomous claw, and breath. It's not an obvious proc, if you take some time on a dummy though and just like attack while applying poison arrow or some other poison skill, and pay attention to the damage coming off you will see the occasional 8k tick or so.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used it on my stamblade and it would proc when I had a poison injection on the enemy, I'm guessing venomous claw and noxious breath would allow it to proc aswell. 25% chance from light/heavy attacks with a 1 second cooldown... it's quite broken
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken in what sense? Too powerful?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Yeah, the proc is about as powerful as viper but can proc every second instead of vipers every 4 seconds. You don't see it a lot because most people can't be bothered to farm trials for it, I managed to get gold jewellery in it but I can't get a decent trait 2h
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was messing with it again last night on the DPS Skeleton and figured the 8k damage numbers were from the venom set. It does proc quite often. I think it helps that poison injection is part of the rotation.

It's a bit odd to tell for sure on console, there's just numbers flying off every attack with no report of where they came from.

I'm wandering if putting a poison enchant on one weapon would help it to proc more?

I must need to work on rotation a bit, it feels like I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this thing and just barely over 22k DPS self buffed
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I was messing with it again last night on the DPS Skeleton and figured the 8k damage numbers were from the venom set. It does proc quite often. I think it helps that poison injection is part of the rotation.

It's a bit odd to tell for sure on console, there's just numbers flying off every attack with no report of where they came from.

I'm wandering if putting a poison enchant on one weapon would help it to proc more?

I must need to work on rotation a bit, it feels like I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this thing and just barely over 22k DPS self buffed

It only proc's based on your light/heavy attacks, so more poison damage doesn't really help. You just need to keep at least one poison effect up. Just keep Poison Injection on the target.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Yeah, the proc is about as powerful as viper but can proc every second instead of vipers every 4 seconds. You don't see it a lot because most people can't be bothered to farm trials for it, I managed to get gold jewellery in it but I can't get a decent trait 2h

I haven't found it to outperform Viper. It does have a shorter CD but it's a 25% chance versus 100%.
    Templar's are evil..