The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding Traits

Cornbread243
Cornbread243
✭✭
I believe I'm correct in my assumption that you can add up to 9 traits on a piece, but can't find anything to confirm. Am I correct, or is it one trait only? And if you can, how do you go about doing so?
Cornbread243
PC/NA

Best Answers

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify what remag said, you can choose from one of nine traits to PERMANENTLY add to an item. Once a sword is sharpened, it is sharpened trait forever.
    Answer ✓
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the sets I see listed with 9 traits is spread out between the entire set and not one piece. Thanks.

No, the sets that say 9 traits means you must have researched all 9 traits on each item you wish to craft as part of that set.

Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maximum set bonus comes from using 5 pieces of a given set, the number of traits for a set is the number of traits researched for each item before it can be crafted.

edit: to add a link that might be helpful
    Edited by Tevalaur on February 28, 2017 8:06PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • Cornbread243
    Cornbread243
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys
    Cornbread243
    PC/NA
    Answer ✓
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 9 traits for each item that you can research, but you can only apply 1 trait on an item at a time.

When crafting applying the trait is the bottom option.
  • Cornbread243
    Cornbread243
    ✭✭
    So the sets I see listed with 9 traits is spread out between the entire set and not one piece. Thanks.
    Cornbread243
    PC/NA
  • mexicutioner915
    Would be nice to be able to craft with more than one trait. That would at provide some incentive to keep crafting. I'm still pretty new, but to me, the focus seems to be on dropped sets.