The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BUG: A Tale Forever Told [Xbox One NA]

Shiprekt
Shiprekt
Soul Shriven
Is anyone else experiencing problems with this quest? After talking to the Silvenar and having him tell me what the next step is (using plants to help defend him) no mobs appear to advance the quest. I've sent in two tickets about this and have had nothing work from the responses I received. I have abandoned the quest and reacquired it with no new results after talking to the Silvenar. I've logged out for over 15 minutes (completely exited the game, not just going to the character select screen) to perform a 'soft reset' (as the email I received told me I should do) and nothing happened after talking to him again. Lastly, I've abandoned the quest, logged out for over 15 minutes (completely exiting the game), reacquired the quest and get the same problem after talking to the Silvenar.

Is there any way to fix this quest or is it something that's been known for awhile? I'd really like to finish it before completing the last story quest in the area.