The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

No cp week so far thoughts?

tailedfox
tailedfox
We are 2 days in and so far it's been sort of fun with no cp, there are downsides as well though. Stam is hitting me like a truck I'm a magic sorc but I'm barely managing, fighting magic builds isn't really a problem my fights last a long time with them. From your experiences with no cp what do you think now needs nerfing/buffing or needs to be added now that we can clearly see everything? At the end of the week you can always come back and share your thoughts too since the week has barely started. How is no cp going for you guys, let me know your experiences! Also this would be a nice thread that ZOS can take a look at so they can see our points of views within the game. Remember Be respectful!
Edited by tailedfox on February 28, 2017 5:23PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the double AP is what is really making this more fun. Players are coming out of the woodwork to PVP and we are getting some really good battles.

The CP change I can take or leave. If it is found to have a significant affect on performance then they can leave it out of PvP as far as I'm concerned.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • tailedfox
    tailedfox
    @ztyhurstuv17_ESO I agree there has been many more players getting on more than usual! One of the main reasons people pvp now is for the AP and it's actually really nice, more AP more action in cyrodiil, it's been really active
    Options
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went from Volunteer to Veteran in an afternoon. I think it's great :p
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird being more worried about clusters of NPCs than the player among them for the first time in a long time.
    Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild is homed on Azura's Star so I'm used to playing with No CP. Last night on PC NA Azura's when all three alliances were pop locked I was experiencing lag even though the meter showed my latency no higher than 250, in Azura's I'm usually no higher than 150. Usually Azura's has no lag at all for me. I felt like I was playing on Trueflame at times.

We had terrible loading screens going into and out of delves ( hey we had to grab that Blessings Of War buff right ). We ran a giant group which was as high as 22 people for a little while. So perhaps the large group size affected those loading screens.
    Edited by Grunim on February 28, 2017 4:17PM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latency improved but constant loading screens and freezes followed by logouts (no real CTDs).

Balance without CPs is even worse.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its Awesome
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, so good. The loading screens have become annoying though. I wouldn't call for skill nerfs just yet :p Remember people are still playing with cp setups and many are playing for fast AP gains, so the play style is different from they would normally be doing. The purpose of this week is to help fix lag in PvP, not see what skills need nerfed.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Latency improved but constant loading screens and freezes followed by logouts (no real CTDs).

Agreed. Sustain for medium/light armor becomes alot harder with no cp, sure same for heavy armor, to an extent, the constitution passive isnt affected by cp at all, wich effectively makes the gap between heavy armor and the 2 subpar armors even bigger with no cp. (imo)

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Agreed. Sustain for medium/light armor becomes alot harder with no cp, sure same for heavy armor, to an extent, the constitution passive isnt affected by cp at all, wich effectively makes the gap between heavy armor and the 2 subpar armors even bigger with no cp. (imo)

'Harder' doesn't mean 'unbalanced'

...and the gap between heavy armor and the others is supposed to be present. One is cloth, one is leather, and one is STEEL.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ap is fantastic. Killed lots of people. Not being able to use what I've worked for I don't like. I'll keep at for the AP and testing. But prefer my CP.
    Options
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    As a person who does pvp 90% of the time and enjoys more small scale fights, last night was miserable. I'm on xbox na, lag was still present because it was numerous 30-40 man zergs running around flipping keeps. I have no issue with the one week of no cp, as long as not long-term. Hope they get the information they need and the double AP is nice, but I'll be glad when this is over.
    Options
  • Drikk
    Drikk
    Awesome just that.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try

Transmutation, Troll King, Alchemist

Resto staff backbar, rapid regen + healing ward (if sorc stack with H Ward)

Use on any Mag build, preferably Atronach Mundus, Heavy Armor

Over 2k crit resistance, roughly 1700 mag regen. 3k health regen, stack wards. If Sorc run Dark Conversion (ok in Non CP Conversion is OP af)

There's your balance right there :trollface:
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    What are you all talking about regarding "No CP"?

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
    Options
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it, and the salty whispers are flowing like a river for me.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    What are you all talking about regarding "No CP"?

For the next week all PvP campaigns are No CP.

So get your lich, bsw, and other BiS gear and lose all notions of individuality
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, due to work issues I had just under two hours to play last night and never managed to get in. My experience, such as it is, has been negative so far. :smirk:

I do look forward to getting to actually try things out, but this is going to be quite a week at work, so if the event remains this popular, I'm not sure I'll ever get to try it. I was planning to get Caltrops on one of my alts who has only ever been to Cyrodiil long enough to get the free skill point. I live in hope.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We played last night and the thing we noticed was that it emphasised the current destro utli choo choo train meta from RvR combat even beyond the recent norms - to the point where those of us who'd normally use stamina characters basically re-logged with magicka alts and even without the full PvP gearing we our performed our fully geared stamina alts and wiped or held our own against groups that had been wiping us 10 minutes before.

My own theory FWIW is that the removal of CP points and perks hurts stamina mitigation a lot more than it hurts magicka mitigation so in group combat stamina builds become even more melty than the last couple of patches.

Haven't gone out yolo-ing yet on my stamblade so will be interested to see how that works out.

In terms of lag it's hard to tell RvR clashes with big groups were still laggy but then with everyone jumping into PvP to get double AP it may be that any improvement in performance is masked by extra players being online - but I presume ZoS have something a little more scientific than my personal perception of lagginess to work with...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it but so far no difference in lag I still disconnect constantly
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impossible to play Stamina solo, don't like it.
    But fun when i hop on Magicka.
    Edited by Isellskooma on February 28, 2017 6:01PM
    Options
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been great, will probably play on Azura's more in the future .

I've avoided the big mash ups in prime time because my fps get silly but that's my rig.

Edited by BRogueNZ on February 28, 2017 5:49PM
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Setting aside the disconnects and lag, I loved it.

I kept my CP build because I wanted to see how much it was different, and really it wasn't all that different. Here is what I lost ...

Red Tree

- 5000+ points of physical D bringing me down to 19k (or 24k while in the Templar circle. Verdict: Negligible difference.
    - 1000+ points of crit resist leaving me with 0. Verdict: Negligible difference.
    - 6.6% more damage from all places. Verdict: Negligible difference probably off set by everyone else putting out lower DPS

Blue Tree

- I go 100, 100 in Elemental Expert and Thurmatauge. My magic fell from almost 48k (Magplar) to just above 41k. Verdict: Noticeable. Very much so on pokey sticks but not as much as I thought on Radiant.

Green Tree

- Losing 25% Magicka recovery was noticeable but I play a very low regen build that relies heavily upon heavy destro attacks to recover. Going from sub 800 to sub 600 does hurt a bit but going from horrid to extra horrid isn't a big deal. Verdict: Noticable but not a big problem.
    - I lost about 8% recovery from heavy attacks. Verdict: Noticable due to my heavy reliance upon it. Mostly this lead to some hairy moments with soloing resources but it wasn't anything that a well timed potion couldn't overcome.
    - Everything cost more. Verdict: Noticeable but within 10 minutes I adjusted.

Overall: I was a bit worried that I would be melted but that never came to pass. In 2+ hours I died about 6 times while soloing and in all but one case it was due to multiple (in this case usually 6 or more) people all attacking me. The one solo death I had was via a NB hiding in some resource NPCs and picking an excellent time to attack.

Conclusion: I may actually give Azura's a try in the coming weeks.

---

Build: Magplar
    S n B, Destro
    7:7 heavy
    All Magic Enchants
    Infused on big, Divines on small
    5 Julianos (4 on destro bar)
    3 Willpower
    2 Magus
    1 Unmatched Grothdar for Magic
    1 Unmatched of I forget for Health

41k magic with no CP, 24k health, 8k stam
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its Awesome .
    -Almost no lag.
    -A few infinite load screen

If you ask me translate the CP point into a flat value and lets PVP like this
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um....um....i recently respecced to my healer for even moar AP gain. And yeah that AP is even higher than it would be if i was DPS. But *** my heals suck. I am getting 987 crit heals from healing springs, where outside cyrodil it was 4.3k crits! So im bit peeved about it and cannot wait for CP to come back. In the meantime i will be enjoying the mucho AP and not complain TOO much
    Options
  • Toweak54
    Toweak54
    Soul Shriven
    cjthibs wrote: »

'Harder' doesn't mean 'unbalanced'

...and the gap between heavy armor and the others is supposed to be present. One is cloth, one is leather, and one is STEEL.

There has to be a down side though to running heavy. A slower movement speed means nothing when you have access to 20 gap closers. You shouldn't have better sustain, damage, AND resistance when running heavy compared to medium or light.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People seem stoked on it!

I'd bet Azura's Star will become much popular on console.

Cheers!
    Options
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see much of a difference.
    How ever I was shocked that on my mag dk in light armor and cost red. Glyphs those costs are soo high, like every stamina skill is cheaper by a lot. Need to lower skill costs next patch guys, that is insane.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heavy Armor is worst for sustain comparing light or medium.

Currently with no CP u need bug Recovery pool with heavy armor or have to carefully use resources
    Options