The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is the Kra’gh Set Actually Worth It?

g0dlik3buthumbl3
I've been using the Kr'agh set on my PVE stamblade, as many respected players state in builds that it is the best single target monster set. In use, it seems to proc loads, but each hit seems to do very little damage when compared to velidreth or Selene. Do the frequent procs add up to more DPS than the others? It just doesn't feel very powerful in comparison to the insta-nukes you can land with the other two sets.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on how much penetration you already have. As a 2 piece, the proc is pretty underwhelming compared to Velidreth or Stormfist.

If you have Two-Fanged Snake, then you don't need Kra'gh and you can use a good damage set instead. :)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how much penetration you already have. As a 2 piece, the proc is pretty underwhelming compared to Velidreth or Stormfist.

If you have Two-Fanged Snake, then you don't need Kra'gh and you can use a good damage set instead. :)

DPS of the proc is pretty much the same with those sets.

Kra'gh = sustained DPS, Velidreth & Selene = burst DPS
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    Is Stormfist actually viable for competitive dps on a stamblade? I didn't think that set was meant to be up to much
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is Stormfist actually viable for competitive dps on a stamblade? I didn't think that set was meant to be up to much

Stormfist is awesome.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    Intriguing, as I have that set in medium divines. I'll give it a shot too then.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

In pure single targe Kragh proc does more damage than velidreth or stormfist.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt kragh also aoe? albeit a small one, selene and veldreith isnt..velidreth can hit 3 targets tho.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    stormfist is for stam sorcs

if you're doing long boss fights (trials and such) use kraughs
    if you're doing short boss fights (dungeons/vma) use velidreth
    if you like cool animations (ooh a bear) use selenes

i love selenes but veli outperforms it :(
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding of Kra'agh is that it outperforms other proc sets, not because of the proc itself, but because its also got the best 1 pc. While selene or veli may even contribute similar DPS in your recap that extra pen is what pushes Kra'agh over the top.

Again, this is just my understanding, I don't play a ton of stam and even then there's very little theorycrafting on my part for those builds. But my friends who love stam explained it this way.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proc on Kra'aghs really isn't that bad.

Kra'agh
    1300x3 ticks(.4 of 1.2) = 3900

Velidreth

If they proc on cooldown, for 90 seconds.

Kra'agh
    90 seconds, 3 second CD, 30 procs at 3900:

Velidreth
    90 seconds, 9 second CD, 10 procs at 10320

Velidreths is behind on damage assuming perfect uptime. Velidreths makes up for this with a higher chance to proc at 20% compared to Kra'aghs 10%. Uptime wont be perfect, but with animation canceling and stacking DoT's uptime on procs will be very high.

However Kra'aghs is much less likely to waste damage. Shorter CD with individual ticks, means the likely hood of wasted damage from a missed proc is lower. Even if a Kra'aghs proc misses it isn't as influential because the CD is only 3 seconds and the proc has 3 separate ticks.

Not to dismiss that penetration in a single slot is an advantage, only that Kra'aghs proc isn't as bad as it appears.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    I used kr'agh in a trial last night and the dreugh arms were never really away. Seemed to proc on cooldown pretty much all the time. It even proc'd when I was clearly in bow range and often landed at a range I wouldn't have thought possible, so pretty pleased with it so far.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that keen on veli proc myself, too often I see balls of damage float off into the distance and do nothing. I'm currently wearing 1 veli 1 kena on my stamplar. Was thinking about going back to kragh (it was always high on my damage list) or what do you reckon on 1 kragh 1 veli/kena? I'll test when back from work later but just wondered if anyone had any experience with it.
    Edited by greylox on March 1, 2017 1:32PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested and 1 piece veli/kena and 1 Kr'agh does more damage than 1 veli and 1 kena on my build, quite noticeable.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used kr'agh in a trial last night and the dreugh arms were never really away. Seemed to proc on cooldown pretty much all the time. It even proc'd when I was clearly in bow range and often landed at a range I wouldn't have thought possible, so pretty pleased with it so far.

That is my experience as well, they proc all the time.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta watch overpen. Bosses generally have 18k armor so 5160 from weapons, then ~ 10k from raid debuffs. So if you run kraghs then you need roughly another 2k pen vs if you run two fanged ( roughly 3k pen) you can are solid.
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    I'm wearing Nightmothers and currently farming my divines 2 fang. Poor drops so far though, getting nothing in divines.
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    greylox wrote: »
    Tested and 1 piece veli/kena and 1 Kr'agh does more damage than 1 veli and 1 kena on my build, quite noticeable.

Yeah, prior to getting my full kr'agh set I was often wearing one kr'agh and one velidreth. Seemed to be the highest DPS in could get besides 2 kr'agh. Tried Selene for a bit, but wasn't a huge fan.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got this set on my nightblade last night and I'm enjoying it so far. Using 5 pc hunding's and 4 pc fiords with it, seems to proc pretty much on cooldown
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally have been trying stormfist on my stamsorc this days and im leaning towards going back to kragh for boss fights keeping stormfist for trash. Yes with 2fanged, sharp weapons, fracture and alkosh you will be overpenetrating BUT, alkosh, crusher, minor fracture uptime is not 100% so at the end im having better results single target with kragh. This will be diferent for each trtial group i guess. For HM AA or HM vMol I guess you can consider stormfist, but those are fight quite unforgiving for stamina (mostly vmol) so... I play my magicka sorc there xD.