The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faction Change?

Desmuu
Desmuu
✭✭
I'm on in the Aldmeri dominion and I really regret it, but I don't want to spend all of that time re-leveling a new character all over again. I would much rather be on the Ebonheart pact. I would seriously pay money for a faction change if that ever became an option in the future. I was curious if anyone knows if that'll ever be an option or not, and I'd love to hear some opinions on it.
Should've been Roscrea
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know so many AD that too regret the error of their ways once they see how Yellows play...its all about the Pact.

Banter aside, agreed on this. Lots of solo players make friends later and its a shame they can't bring their main to PvP etc.

Rerolling l1-50 is ultra fast but still, not the same
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I know so many AD that too regret the error of their ways once they see how Yellows play...its all about the Pact.

Banter aside, agreed on this. Lots of solo players make friends later and its a shame they can't bring their main to PvP etc.

Rerolling l1-50 is ultra fast but still, not the same

To my knowledge it wouldn't be all that hard for them to make this an option, and they would probably make some money off of it too.
    Should've been Roscrea
  • bluemanjoe_ESO
    the problem would be people would just keep jumping to whatever faction is doing best in PvP and it would screw up the balance. If they did end up doing it it would cost a lot.

I am someone that would probably do it. I'm in AD as well and my whole guild which is a group of players I know from another game isn't in AD so I can't even PvP with them and I don't want to start over.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    releveling 1-50 is quick, but getting all morphs, all skill lines and all passives...is not.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bigirish1983
    Bigirish1983
    Soul Shriven
    They could make the faction change option have a cool down (60 days, etc), or make it a one time only deal to combat pvp jumpers.
    The Black Hand of Auridon
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    Desmuu wrote: »
    I'm on in the Aldmeri dominion and I really regret it, but I don't want to spend all of that time re-leveling a new character all over again. I would much rather be on the Ebonheart pact. I would seriously pay money for a faction change if that ever became an option in the future. I was curious if anyone knows if that'll ever be an option or not, and I'd love to hear some opinions on it.

I'm glad you realized your mistake in choosing the side of the Dominion because the Pact is where it's at :D If I could go back and change the faction of the toons I had created before I bought the any race any alliance thing, I would change their factions in a heartbeat.
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I keep posting...
    As I usually mention when this topic comes up, as it has times and times again in the past... I wouldn't mind some alliance change option - as long as its done -right-!

As in, not just another crown store service token that simply switches to a different alliance, but... a whole cloak and dagger (well its ESO so... hood and dagger?) style DLC that starts with an "loyalty called in question" theme, where you then get to make a very big choice in the first part - stay loyal to your alliance and find out who the real traitor is that framed you, or escape the agents coming after you to defect to another faction, grabbing some secrets slong the way to bribe your new masters into taking you in...
    This sort of questline might revisit some old locations, places used in the story questlines with new mobs... thus reusing some of what used to be "one-off" locations here and there. Might also benefit from a new location, some neutral "diplomatic meeting place" city somewhere between the alliances (isle of stirk, maybe?), where the spies can meet to spy hard... (think cold war vienna or something like that) and speaking of spies, also including some familiar faces. After all, who would not love to slam a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face moments before you join Naryu on a boat to Morrowind? ;)

Also, there could be nifty titles for your choice. Like "[original alliance] Loyalist" if you remained, and "[original alliance] Defector" if you turned traitor...

And there also should be consequences in PvP.
    For one, while you can't just loose your alliance rank (because those come with skill points you may already have spent), you may be required to re-earning in your new alliance it before you get to advance any further...
    For another, noone trusts a defector right away, so it might be plausible to have reduced AP gains for quite a while... or increased AP costs for the new alliance vendors, reflecting the lack of trust.
    For third, your former comrades will be feeling somewhat vexed at the "betrayal" and eager to dish out a hefty dose of "justice" on the battlefield... and gain triple AP for taking down such a "traitor" or something like that... there even could be a "hunt a traitor" daily mission, and "traitor here" indicators floating above those who defected... (like, now we have the red-blue-yellow symbol floating about your enemies head, a traitor could have an additional marker... like, pips in the original faction color framing their new faction main symbol or something...)
    And of course as people keep reminding me, options ae always good.
    So, the best way to do it IMO... have the "spycraft" DLC with in-story faction change option for 2500 crowns, buy once, then play with as many characters as you like for either your alliance change or to prove your loyalty... and then also add a 3000 or so crown service token for a one-time non-story alliance change. You know, for those who want to bypass all the questing and just chase the winning team in PvP...
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭
    Is this ever going to happen?
    Should've been Roscrea
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desmuu wrote: »

If you have a decent amount of cp and you use it on your new alt, you’ll be so op that the leveling will go easy and very quickly. When I did it, I couldn’t keep up in terms of actually learning the new class and I gave up on armor. I used level 10 armor, then 20 and then level 35 the rest of the way.

Also, if you wait for the update, there will be a ton of people to team up with for sky shards and public dungeons. Then you get a free horse, a costume, crown crates and a coffer for house storage. Just wait and start a new character.

If you aren’t aware, when you roll an EP character, there is the added bonus of getting plenty of support from DC.