The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting sets for players

Championofold
What's the standard rate for crafted sets?

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA I find that people are always really willing to jump in an assist for pretty cheap. If you provide all the mats (which you should, because...annoying) then most crafters just want a tip of some sort. If someone asks me what I want I usually suggest they pass me any single gold mat...a kuta, wax, whatever and I'm happy to take the time to craft something.

I also sell purple armor in guild stores, which I price to make approx 1000 gold after the cost of the mats. Right now, that puts rubedo and rubedite pieces at about 10k each (rubedo, 5k, tannins 3500, divines stone) and silk at like $12k each.

Answer ✓
  • Championofold
    I have been changing 500 gold per trait needed to craft plus upgrade mats and material cost if needed
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    When random people want training sets, I charge them 1K per piece for plain low-level gear, 2K for set-bonus sets (Hundings, Julianos, etc.) For higher end sets, I will ask for a flat 20K + guild trader rates for mats (above blue), tempers and enchants if want them but they don't supply the mats.

People are always happy to pay, even though I know there are people who will do it cheaper; I'm there on the spot and helping them out and they really don't mind. For me, I'd rather be questing or dungeon diving if I'm not getting paid, so I just set the price I'm willing to work at and that's that.

For my guildies I just take tips or I'll ask for a stack of some provisioning ingredient I'm short on, for example.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if mats are provided i typically craft for free.
    if mats are common i tpyically craft for free even if not provided.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    1 billion dollars mmmuuuuwwwwahahahahha
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside my guild i charge 5k per piece as minimum plus mats. I have noticed it filters out bad clients nicely.
    Edited by helediron on March 8, 2017 8:01AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone