Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current PvE Builds

Tussell
Tussell
Soul Shriven
So, I'm fairly new to the MMORPG scene in general, and even moreso the ESO scene.

My friend and I both picked up the Gold edition on PC a couple months back during a sale, and ran it for around 30-35 hours, casually running PvE, doing nothing more than running quests together, some dungeons, etc. I have a level 20, 8, and 5. Two of the characters will be strictly used when he is online, but he has sort of fallen out of it for the time being.

I was hoping to get some current guides for some fun PvE buids, regardless of character type. Unfortunately, when I search throughout the internet, I cannot seem to find many that are up to date. I've tried surfing the forum as well, and unfortunately there's nothing that really interests me or catches my eye.

All of that being said, I was hoping to maybe get my hands on a forum, site, etc. that has some fairly current, noob-friendly information for someone looking to build a PvE character that could eventually be taken into end-game.

Thanks a bunch!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, any build will work. Find one that matches your playstyle and how you like to approach combat (ranged, tactical, YOLO etc)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tussell
    Tussell
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Really, any build will work. Find one that matches your playstyle and how you like to approach combat (ranged, tactical, YOLO etc)
    Are there some things I should be keeping in mind while building for PvE?

I'm mainly thinking of building either a tank or another DPS, but not one that relies so much on the mechanics of the fights, but moreso just pure damage output.

Though any build may work, are there any builds you would recommend over another? Specifically maybe for a tank?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have moved this thread to the Combat & Character Mechanics forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I have a few builds on here for all classes that work perfectly fine for all content in the game. You can check them out here:

Templar/Nightblade:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324665/twilight-force-magicka-templar-magicka-nightblade-ranged-vma-dd-build-homestead-ready

Dragonknight:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/309550/elemental-fury-pve-heavy-attack-dk-build-homestead-ready-vmol-approved

Sorcerer:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3536396#Comment_3536396

Those are not the Meta-Builds that most people use, but if you're like me and like outside-the-box stuff, you might prefer them. You can make a lot of things work when you develop a concept in this game :)
    Edited by Masel on February 28, 2017 1:07PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    So the best advice I can give you if you're just figuring out stuff on your own is:

1. If you're a DPS, put all your attributes into one resource. Melee weapon users going stamina, and staff/dw magicka characters into magicka. Don't mix and match. Only build hybrid if you're trying to make a tank with good resource distribution.

2. In the long run, avoid sets like Sun or Ysgramor. The damage you get from that stat doesn't scale with common buffs like major/minor sorcery/brutality. The best sets are the ones that give you general buffs or proc sets. But since the proc sets don't critically hit (a proc set example being viper, which does 8000 poison damage on a light attack every 4 seconds), just try to find strong sets that give more generalized stats or a hard to access (like rattlecage/jackdaw etc.).

3. Make sure you train in everything as you progress throughout the game. Don't wear the same armor, don't waste gold buying armor. Pick up and wear anything you come across. Then when you decide how you want your character to play, you can more easily choose a playstyle without having to grind skill levels.

4. If you have the bag space and the patience, try leveling your crafting skills. It really saves you a ton of money when you can make your own potions, food, and equipment. Potions are especially useful because you can get a ton of buffs from those abilities.

5. Play how you want to play. Anything works even it's not the absolute best. If you're skilled enough, you can make a strong magicka pets sorc, or a stam bow dps, or a fire damage focused stam dk, or anything else at all. Just do your research on the class first. Find out what attributes strengthen a skill's power and which skills you have the most fun with, and design your own build around that.

Speaking of which, which class is your favorite to play at the moment? How would you want to design your character?
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    If you conform to the "I'll play how I want and the results be damned" philosophy then Nestor's "Any build will work" advice is true.

As far as what ACTUALLY works I'd recommend you give Tamriel Foundry a quick google. They're pretty much it for build advice with some substance behind it vs "I do it this way because I can" that seems to proliferate the majority of the internet.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot depends on what sort of PvE you want to play. Soloing dungeons require a different approach compared to fullfilling a specific role in groups.
  • Tussell
    Tussell
    Soul Shriven
    Trihugger wrote: »
    ... give Tamriel Foundry a quick google...
    I'll have to give that a shot again. I came across their site when I first got into ESO, but it seems like a lot of the stuff I had been looking at was out of date. I'm not sure how massive the patches are, and what they change exactly, but I just don't want to start building something, to find out its completely obsolete due to a small change.
    Everstorm wrote: »
    A lot depends on what sort of PvE you want to play. Soloing dungeons require a different approach compared to fullfilling a specific role in groups.
    I definitely don't intend on solo PvE at any point. Maybe just some random questing and grinding, but I don't plan on running much of it solo, and I have yet to hear of people running solo end-game and succeeding.
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I have a few builds on here for all classes that work perfectly fine for all content in the game. You can check them out here:

Templar/Nightblade:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324665/twilight-force-magicka-templar-magicka-nightblade-ranged-vma-dd-build-homestead-ready

Dragonknight:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/309550/elemental-fury-pve-heavy-attack-dk-build-homestead-ready-vmol-approved

Sorcerer:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3536396#Comment_3536396

Those are not the Meta-Builds that most people use, but if you're like me and like outside-the-box stuff, you might prefer them. You can make a lot of things work when you develop a concept in this game :)
    Thanks! I'll definitely have to look into those while I'm on break. I've been looking at Dragonknights and Templar's a lot lately.

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is, below CP160 craft:
    if you play magicka DD - 5 pcs. Law of Julianos + 3 pcs. Armor of the Seducer sets, lightning Staff + healing Staff
    if you play stamina DD - 5 pcs. Hunding's Rage +3-4 pcs. (depending from Bow/2H or 1H/S or DW) Night Mother's Gaze, recommended is DW
    To quickly level up ask crafter to make this in training traits, once you reach CP160 you have a large variety of sets to choose from.
    If your class is Nightblade or Dragonknight and you play stamina I recommend you go to Cyrodiil for few days, join some large group and support them earning enough Alliance points to unlock Vigor (Alliance War skill line).Then you can quit pvp campaign and have a strong healing based on stamina :). If you have problem in sustaining yourself eg dying too much while solo questing, bosses, large groups of mobs etc, consider crafting Vampire's Kiss set, some say it's tanky but I used it for grinding exp on low lvl DDs without healing skills and for my playing style it was great supporting set.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Tussell
    Tussell
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome guys, thanks so much for the responses, and feel free to keep them coming as I can use all the information I can get!

Dragonknight is what I feel myself leaning towards at the moment, but I still haven't created anything based of these recommendations, so regardless of race and class, feel to continue to drop some of your favorites or what worked for you.