Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Dark UI

Grumble_and_Grunt
Grumble_and_Grunt
✭✭✭✭
Hey, I am a great fan of the add on 'Dark UI'. I love it's simplicity over other UI add ons, so much credit to Jhenox for your efforts! Much appreciated.

Just wondered as I have no idea how to reach Add on authors and thought I'd see if I can reach you through here, but would it be possible to have more options in the settings? Specifically the Group frames:

https://gyazo.com/c6db65b1549152b14d5fd52e2b011b56

I am a big fan of the add on and keep up the great work! Would be cool to have an options to filter on/off various amendments to the default UI. I am personally an advocate for a minimalist UI and try to keep default settings where possible, but fell in love with this add on especially the skill outlines and how it compliments Srendarr etc!

Would just be awesome if could continue to use the add on and still keep, for example my default party frames :3!
PC EU
Fix Powerful Assault
#3Qbiken
  • Khurune
    Khurune
    Best way to contact the addon author is on the addon page. At the top, you'll see a few tabs, one of them being a comment tab, you can leave him a comment there.

I too am a fan of DarkUI and also use it to skin Lui Extended elements.
    This one seeks to kill you, no?
    Guildless
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. Jhenox, here. I just happened to stop by and saw the comment name. I check the DarkUI comments page a lot but I rarely check here.

I'm always looking for ideas or options that people would like to see. When I was testing I thought the group frame looked pretty good with no background. I was intending to add that in as an option. Would that be of interest to you for a minimalist look? Thank you.
  • Khurune
    Khurune
    With the amount of people using your DarkUI now, I'd add it anyways, more options = more flexibility. Especially with people like me that actually use your masterpiece to mainly as a skinning tool. Just makes the windows look so clean, love it. Quick question for personal reference, is it possible with ESO to replace the skill icons ? IE make em a higher rez, and is it possible to totally reskin the action bar, including but not limited to resizing independently from the main UI Scale?
    This one seeks to kill you, no?
    Guildless
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Karius_Imalthar That would be awesome! Keep up the good work :)!
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khurune wrote: »
    Quick question for personal reference, is it possible with ESO to replace the skill icons ? IE make em a higher rez, and is it possible to totally reskin the action bar, including but not limited to resizing independently from the main UI Scale?

Hello. I'm not sure if the skill icons can be overridden or not. It would take some trial and error to figure out exactly what texture is used. If i'm able to figure out which textures those are then I can see if they can be changed.

It seems like resizing the skill bar independently is possible through other addons. I seem to remember doing that with something like Azurah's. I've kept DarkUI only to changing textures to be as compatible as possible with other addons.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I just wanted
    @Karius_Imalthar That would be awesome! Keep up the good work :)!

Hello. I just wanted to let you know I will be adding the option to hide the group frame background shortly. I'm just in the middle of adding some other changes so it may be a day or two. Thank you.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Karius_Imalthar <3 Thank you!
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Karius_Imalthar <3 Thank you!

Hello. The new version of DarkUI is up and includes the option to hide the group frames!
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on March 3, 2017 1:37PM