The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Writ rewards not correspoing level

NexusRoy
NexusRoy
Soul Shriven
I'm usualy making blacksmith and clothing writs, which requires steel, flax or hide. But, when I open the writ rewards they are still giving me inferior materials, such as iron ingots and raw hide.

My blacksmith and clothing levels are 12 and 14, are these related to rewards? Thanks.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NexusRoy - They give matts of lower value, at random. I think it's in response to being unable to farm low-level matts if you have max crafting.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shipments are always for mats that are at least one level below yours. This is to make up for the situation that a skilled leveled crafter can no longer farm low level mats.

In other words, this is normal and as intended.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NexusRoy
    NexusRoy
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much :)
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Shipments are always for mats that are at least one level below yours. This is to make up for the situation that a skilled leveled crafter can no longer farm low level mats.

why skilled master crafter in anyway needs low level mats? for writ crafting? - no, for 160 cp crafting ? no, sorry but this only garbage packing into slots , in case when u on crafter bag u dont care but if you didn't its almost like forcing ppl to buy eso + just for craftbag
  • NexusRoy
    NexusRoy
    Soul Shriven
    Anunakis wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

why skilled master crafter in anyway needs low level mats? for writ crafting? - no, for 160 cp crafting ? no, sorry but this only garbage packing into slots , in case when u on crafter bag u dont care but if you didn't its almost like forcing ppl to buy eso + just for craftbag

I agree. This is my only crafter char and I'm just hoarding all these mats in my mule char, but I guess I'll end up selling or trashing everything since I won't craft anymore in any of my other chars.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anunakis wrote: »

why skilled master crafter in anyway needs low level mats?

Crafting for Alts. Most of my crafting requests are for low and intermediate level gear. Not CP160

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"