The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level crafting for Furniture.

AterNoxis
AterNoxis
✭✭
I have learned all crafting skill in 50, but on two different character. Blacksmithing \ Clothing \ Woodworking on one, and Alchemy \ Enchanting \ Provisioning on other.

And it was OK till I found that some furniture crafting recipes demanded three different professions!

So now there is a question:
1) What maximum requirements furniture crafting have? How often there is such requirements?
2) What worthwhile to lvlup for furniture: Blacksmithing\Clothing\Woodworking or Alchemy\Enchanting\Provisioning
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which character has more skill points free?

The most egregious recipe I've found required max Provisioning (6), max Blacksmithing (10), and mid-levels on Enchanting and Alchemy (I think like 4 and 3?), and I found another similar one, with max Tailoring instead of Blacksmithing.

So really, yeah, you do need one person to know everything. There's really no other way to be able to consistently make the high level recipes.

Fortunately, it's not too hard to level a second character's crafting skills if you have a little time to grind. Pick whichever has more skill points available (though I'd lean toward leveling the consumable crafter, just because I hate leveling enchanting... but leveling gear crafts takes longer, so, really, just pick one ). Then, have the other crafter just start making stuff... even better if it's slightly above the other crafter's current level, and even better if it's green or better. Bank everything for your alt to decon (If your bank is full, I'd temporarily move everything that isn't a crafting mat to a different character). Then, have your soon-to-be master crafter decon everything. Rinse and repeat until level 50.

(Though obviously, that isn't true for alchemy and provisioning... but those two are extremely easy to level as long as you have the ingredients. Just pick the highest level potion/recipe they can make it and spam it until they hit the next tier. Enchanting is the annoying one to level of that set. :p )

I'd count it worth it. All you need is to level the main skill of each line.. no need to worry about the passives. Problem is, depending on the craft, that can take up to 9 skill points per craft.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So it looks like the highest of any off crafting skill you'd need to level to is 10 or so? That's pretty easy. From reading books you're probably already at level 5 in your off skills anyway.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cabbageub17_ESO Not level ten, rank ten, which is a passivemyou unlock at crafting level fifty.

@AterNoxis Your best bet is probably to move your master writs and vouchers to the character you use for smith/cloth/wood then grind them up in the other professions. The reason is that master crafting "luck" is driven by motif knowledge and trait research on trade skills, then on alchemy/enchant/provision it's traits for alchemy and enchant, purple recipes for provision. It's far easier to "catch up" in the consumables than the trade skills, IMO.

I'm not saying that you need to only do regular writs on that one character, but if they become the primary character who can make everything for you gen it's probably more efficient. I brought my main up in everything and so far it's working well for both master writ drops and the ability to complete.
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. How common is this? Last thing I want to do is level all that all over again when I have 4 toons who have maxed out all the crafts between them. Would have been nice on day one if they hadn't actively encouraged splitting crafting across characters as a reasonable choice. Or if your characters could share the task.
  • AterNoxis
    AterNoxis
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    @cabbageub17_ESO The reason is that master crafting "luck" is driven by motif knowledge and trait research on trade skills, then on alchemy/enchant/provision it's traits for alchemy and enchant, purple recipes for provision.

This is definitely interesting information! Because I have 95% trait researched already. Is this official, or just your assumption?

And as for lvling… I lvlup all craft on release, and remember that learning Enchanting was slow as Blacksmithing\Clothing\Woodworking combine!! So now situation is changed?