The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hist Bark v Spectres Eye

ProngedSword
Hi all,
I am thinking of crafting either of these sets for my 510 templar magtank. At the moment I use the medium armour skill to obtain major evasion, and found it really helps. The 5 set bonus for these 2 sets grants major evasion, which frees up a slot for me to play with :)
My question is which version is better - Hist Bark evasion kicks in while blocking, whilst Spectres Eye kicks in for 3 secs after using magicka ability, every 6 secs. I mainly pve but do dip my toe into pvp every now and again.
Thanks for your help!

Best Answers

• Thanatos1699
    Thanatos1699
    Soul Shriven
    if i were to choose between the two... i'd go with hist bark
    Answer ✓
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your play style, Hist Bark allows you to dodge 15% of the RNG time ONLY while blocking, Spectre allows you to dodge ONLY every 6 seconds for 3 seconds ONLY after you use a magicka ability.

Usually most tanks spend their time blocking, so if you are like the usual crowd then using Hist Bark makes sense.

If you like to evade attacks by moving away and you use magicka then spectre is a good set for you.

If it's up to me to choose the I'd Hist Bark anytime, but that's just my opinion.
    Answer ✓