The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Delayed Logout in Belkarth

SirIronclad
SirIronclad
✭✭✭
Belkarth doesn't count as a safe town, you have to wait 10 seconds before logging out.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's sadly normal there and another city I can't remember right now.
    It's also the same in every outlaw's refuge where there is no enemy ever to be able to fight since they're underground.

This really should be changed, especially considering a nasty bug comes up where the timer sticks at zero and doesn't logout for an obscenely long time often,
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belkarth doesn't count as a safe town, you have to wait 10 seconds before logging out.
    Is that a bug? In my experience, the location of my character when I use Quit doesn't matter, and if I use Back from the character selection screen, the time required to log-out is the same as when I use Quit.

Which is to say, during 2+ years of playing ESO, I cannot recall a Quit/Back log-out occurring before the countdown expired, or when the countdown reached zero. The countdown timer is just something to let us know that the game client is still running, and has not crashed before the countdown reaches zero. The system will, eventually, log me out. It usually doesn't take nearly as long as logging-in to play the game, however.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complained about Belkarth back when it was the Top Tier Crafting Hub. Complaints went to 0 when that moved to Wrothgar. Now that it's the main hub again, people are complaining again.

They have a good reason. Belkarth should be like any other town in the game, you log out, you don't have to wait.

The whole reason it exists is so you don't try to logout to end combat or death from combat. Unless your going to Duel, that is not going to happen. In fact, your more likely to die from the Skeevers near the Clothing station in Rawkla if you park slightly too far away.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"