Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill respec weirdness after update 13?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone encountered weirdness with a respec since the update, as in some skills losing their level? A friend is asking for help with a respec on his nightblade and says he undid the morphs, and now skills like dark cloak aren't leveled and eligible for morph.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be weirdness if it involves any skill lines that had skills move around... I don't know of any nightblqde skills were moved.. check the patch notes. If they moved any, that's why there is weirdness.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So skills that are first in line require less XP to morph.

When those skills get moved from first to second place in the skill line after an update, like with Cloak and Veiled Strike (Cloak was first, Veiled was second) will retain the amount of XP they earned to reach morph.

This means that a skill like Veiled Strike will need less XP than it already has to morph, so morph will continue to be available, but for Cloak, you'll find that it's total XP is less than the required amount to morph it, and you'll have to earn that missing XP to reach morph again. Surprisingly though, after morphing it, it will immediately return to what ever level the morph was at before the respec.

People first noticed this when they moved Lava Whip and Fiery Chains on the DK in the One Tamriel update, and it was quite annoying having to grind up chains again. Now everyone else has to deal with it too.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only unmorphed version requires a bit of grind (few minutes), as morphed versions remain unchanged.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Metafae - that's some brilliant ESO mechanics detective work. My friend and I are almost always able to figure out what's off with numbers when they seem weird, and we could not figure out how his dark cloak unmorphed was at level 3.5, then fully leveled upon morph. Thanks!