The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Back after 11 months and am lost... Pros, get in here

Calans
Calans
Hi all,
Back after being gone from ESO almost a year (military deployed). (NA Xbox) And I come back with a bunch of ?'s....

1) PVP - so I go down pretty quick. When I left Magus and Torug's pact was great. Not so much anymore? I'm a magplar- good sets for pvp?
2) Houses - So from what I've read, they are for people who want to do a lot of decorating and customizing, not much else?
3) Most of my crew doesn't play anymore and I'm way behind in armor and set drops. Does the group finder work?
4) Any inflation on the server? I'll get back in w/ a trading guild and start selling all the stuff I find again. Is there a guild that posts what going rate is for things?
5) Rebuilding the empire... what's the best for gold producing? I'm way behind and it looks like the stuff I'm going to need is a lot of gold
6) Imperial City, we all used to go down there and hang out. Better place to find lots of action? My old cyrodill home server isn't even around
7) Dueling looks to be very cool Nice addition!
8) I felt like I was doing pretty well when I left, so 5 vet chars and about 360 CP. I see a lot of people running around with a lot more. If I try to group up for some of these dungeons, will I get booted?

thanks
CalansD
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) Houses - So from what I've read, they are for people who want to do a lot of decorating and customizing, not much else?

Correct. Might want to pick up one with convenient location to return from anywhere. And setup target dummy there, they are already about 200K in guild stores, gonna be less.

3) Most of my crew doesn't play anymore and I'm way behind in armor and set drops. Does the group finder work?

Yes... to some degree.

5) Rebuilding the empire... what's the best for gold producing? I'm way behind and it looks like the stuff I'm going to need is a lot of gold

Current bestsellers obviously are housing mats and patterns. AP->Akaviri might be your gold horse if your are into PvP.

8) I felt like I was doing pretty well when I left, so 5 vet chars and about 360 CP. I see a lot of people running around with a lot more. If I try to group up for some of these dungeons, will I get booted?

Have heard quite a lot of horror stories about booting, never was booted on my journey 160-560.
    Edited by Soella on February 26, 2017 11:52PM
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    What branch of service?
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back!

• Calans
    Calans
    Thanks. Air Force.

Couple other ?'s
    Have their been any items that changed significantly from a year ago that are now rare? I have a few things left in my bank.

and

LFG still takes hours to try and find someone or is it just me?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have any items that are CP160 and part of a set, they can still have value.

LFG can take a while if you que as a DPS. Better to find a partial group out side of it. Or, learn how to be a healer or a tank. No, this does not mean que as a Tank or Healer, but the skill up and gear up and play the role.

Best way to find groups is to join a good guild. One for PvP and one for PvE at least.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calans wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Back after being gone from ESO almost a year (military deployed). (NA Xbox) And I come back with a bunch of ?'s....

1) PVP - so I go down pretty quick. When I left Magus and Torug's pact was great. Not so much anymore? I'm a magplar- good sets for pvp?
    4) Any inflation on the server? I'll get back in w/ a trading guild and start selling all the stuff I find again. Is there a guild that posts what going rate is for things?
    6) Imperial City, we all used to go down there and hang out. Better place to find lots of action? My old cyrodill home server isn't even around
    7) Dueling looks to be very cool Nice addition!

thanks
    CalansD

1) heavy armor is pretty meta these days
    2) houses are a purely cosmetic money sink
    3) well, you know - sort of?
    4) i dont know but the MM add on still works and prices seem more or less the same I think, ppl in my tradeguild are happy to help with pricing
    5) I think human mob grinding is the best way 30k-80k pr hour I hear
    6) I prefer Cyro tbh, IC always seems semi empty when Im there - plus annoying mobs everywhere
    7) I agree.
    8) No 360 should suffice the elitist check.

Am I pro now? :D
  • Calans
    Calans
    Ah by pros I mean the guys who have been around a while. Otherwise I would have said l33t :)