Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What would be a good secondary weapon and build

Swantonimo
Swantonimo
Soul Shriven
Hello all. I am playing a Dragon Knight and I use the sword and shield as my main. I was wondering if any of you that have played for awhile would be willing to share what you believe would be a good secondary weapon. I currently have over 27k health and about 18k in stamina and only about 13k in health. I am only level 46 so I have more skill points to get. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

Swantonimo
aka Swan Hawks
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First things first, are you using sword and shield for a role in tanking? Are you planning to do some pve or PvP tanking?

Let me assume some stuff then. You can always use sword and shield as your secondary weapon for a complete tank. This will allow you to keep your block bonuses from the SS skill line. Both dual wield and two handers have their perks as secondary weapons too.

Dual wield has good aoe mitigation and also one of the best aoe skill a tank can have. The two pieces of dual wield also allows the 5-5-2 setup.

Two handers have tremendous sustain, a utility charge that will crit and it pairs well with dragon knight abilities. (crit charge - talons - deep breath) it does however takes away one piece from the 5-5-2 setup. You can still be effective since the tools of the two hander are much more synergistic than dual wield but to each his own. I personally tank with a sword and shield with a two hander as secondary.

Bows on the other hand are good for beginner tanks that need 'aoe' taunt aka bombard and Venom spray. It's a much more useful weapon for PvP in my book but it all depends on your class really.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Swantonimo
    Swantonimo
    Soul Shriven
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    First things first, are you using sword and shield for a role in tanking? Are you planning to do some pve or PvP tanking?

Let me assume some stuff then. You can always use sword and shield as your secondary weapon for a complete tank. This will allow you to keep your block bonuses from the SS skill line. Both dual wield and two handers have their perks as secondary weapons too.

Dual wield has good aoe mitigation and also one of the best aoe skill a tank can have. The two pieces of dual wield also allows the 5-5-2 setup.

Two handers have tremendous sustain, a utility charge that will crit and it pairs well with dragon knight abilities. (crit charge - talons - deep breath) it does however takes away one piece from the 5-5-2 setup. You can still be effective since the tools of the two hander are much more synergistic than dual wield but to each his own. I personally tank with a sword and shield with a two hander as secondary.

Bows on the other hand are good for beginner tanks that need 'aoe' taunt aka bombard and Venom spray. It's a much more useful weapon for PvP in my book but it all depends on your class really.

Thank you very much for your insight Raven! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me on my adventures!