The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm confused (Master Merchant and Price Tracker)

Solshine
Solshine
Soul Shriven
I've started playing and installed Master Merchant and Price Tracker nearly a week ago. I've visited Guild Stores every day, often 3-5 times a day to post stuff that was overflowing my backpack. Each time I've used the Price Tracker scan button for both guilds I'm in.
Right now I'm noticing that whereas majority of items have PT pricing in their tooltips, only tiny portion of them has any MM data. Often in PT part of tooltip I'm reading that item was seen multiple times, but no info from MM.

I've browsed this forum and found that MM requires no manual action to get the pricing, as the addon pulls it on its own in the background, but does that also mean it's far less accurate since it misses so many records?
Edited by Solshine on February 26, 2017 5:50PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i look forward to the day when MM is removed from eso completely.
    MM has caused many many sales to stop and alot of problems for me and my guild and guild sales.
    MM can be altered to say any price you wish and place that price in zone chat to look official and it causes problems for people to finish the sale.
    its not only annoying but is also unfair to people who just wish to make a fair sale.
    some people even use MM as a weapon and troll in zone chat to interupt sales.
    it should never have been allowed in eso.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solshine wrote: »
    I've started playing and installed Master Merchant and Price Tracker nearly a week ago. I've visited Guild Stores every day, often 3-5 times a day to post stuff that was overflowing my backpack. Each time I've used the Price Tracker scan button for both guilds I'm in.
    Right now I'm noticing that whereas majority of items have PT pricing in their tooltips, only tiny portion of them has any MM data. Often in PT part of tooltip I'm reading that item was seen multiple times, but no info from MM.

I've browsed this forum and found that MM requires no manual action to get the pricing, as the addon pulls it on its own in the background, but does that also mean it's far less accurate since it misses so many records?

The likely explanation to what you are seeing is that MM only scans the traders of the guilds you are a member of.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people even use MM as a weapon and troll in zone chat to interupt sales.
    it should never have been allowed in eso.

Yep seen this numerous times. IMHO if MM was not available for use the economy would be better off.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Solshine
    Solshine
    Soul Shriven
    The likely explanation to what you are seeing is that MM only scans the traders of the guilds you are a member of.

I'm using PT and MM for my two guilds, it seems like you're saying that PT - contrary to MM - scans both "mine" guild stores as well as the ones I'm not member of. Which is contrary to addon's description on esoui.com ("Price Tracker is a simple addon that scans all your guild stores and tracks items and their prices.")