The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

(Complete)

XxBradeyxX
XxBradeyxX
✭✭✭
Is there a build that uses destruction staff? Right now I have a DK but he has sword and board on both bars and heavy armor. Is light armor and destro staff still viable?
Edited by XxBradeyxX on May 21, 2017 5:12PM
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you could make it work
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XxBradeyxX wrote: »
    Is there a build that uses destruction staff? Right now I have a DK but he has sword and board on both bars and heavy armor. Is light armor and destro staff still viable?

Light armor is strong mostly for duels, and will work if you are a DD in a group that has tanky types to give you some breathing room. Open world tho, most DKs are in heavy armor: our lack of escape mechanism and poor mobility means we have to be able to take some damage.

I didn't care for heavy armor/destro, but that seems to be fairly viable.
  • XxBradeyxX
    XxBradeyxX
    ✭✭✭
    If I cant use a destruction staff what would you reccomend
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have moved your thread to the PvP Combat & Skills forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use light armor 5-1-1 with sword and board/ dual wield BSW+Sun... hits like a truck and I'm loving it
  • XxBradeyxX
    XxBradeyxX
    ✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    I use light armor 5-1-1 with sword and board/ dual wield BSW+Sun... hits like a truck and I'm loving it

Is there a link to your build or can you explain your build?
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you manage sustain though?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think jackdanielseso has a build using destro/destro that looked interesting. He streams on twitch and does build videos on YT. Might check it out for inspiration. Imo spinners/sun/ 1 kena shoulder destro/resto set up is quite good.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zSXNO6k.png

Sword and board on the front bar with Lightning Destro on the back. I only use lightning Destro because it increases the damage of my Eruption and Meteor.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro DK is the most easy way to play in a zerg environment.

You are a killing machine that rarely die if your aware of your suroundings ans use mist accordingly.

Destro sorc dont realise how destro DK is far superior in term of efficiency.

Looking at my kill counter I have some killing streaks of 100 several times a day. Meaning I kill 100 ennemies before I get killed.

It doesnt take a lot of skill but its great fun.

4 rattle ( +molten armement) 5bsw and slime craw (+8%dam)

1H/S on back bar to survive and kill in melee.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Any class is the most easy way to play in a zerg environment.

You are a killing machine that rarely die if your aware of your suroundings ans use mist accordingly.

Destro sorc dont realise how destro DK is far superior in term of efficiency.

Looking at my kill counter I have some killing streaks of 100 several times a day. Meaning I kill 100 ennemies before I get killed.

It doesnt take a lot of skill but its great fun.

4 rattle ( +molten armement) 5bsw and slime craw (+8%dam)

1H/S on back bar to survive and kill in melee.

fixed lol
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a build in azura im fairly happy about.

5 rattle, 2 bloodspawn 5HA 2LA. 5 lich.

Rattle is 2 rings and 3 armor pieces. 1 lich neck and 2 armor pieces.

Fire sharpened destro lich main bar for 8%dmg increase and elemental drain. Gives you 10K spell pen.

Backbar is lich defending sword and impen shield. To proc the 5th piece.

Remember: azura so no cp.
    Stats are (from memory) about 31K mag. 22k health and 13K stam. 800mag/stam recov. 22k phys resist and 28k spell resist (with reactive buff). Spell dmg is 2700. Goes up to 3200 or something. Spell crit is 25%.

Race is dark elf. My tooltip flame lash says about 7K dmg (again azura...).

Takes some getting used to playing but works pretty well.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you manage sustain though?

I don't really. Healer puts ele drain on the target and I'm usually pretty fine, and use ultimate if really needed. It's definitely not as sustaining or tanky as heavy seducer but I wanted to try out higher burst damage and I find it a more fun playstyle than double sword n board, personally
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    I use destro on my back bar for group play. You should have a setup for group and one or two for solo/small group. I wouldn't recommend destro for solo, but some people do.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    5 bsw/5Sun/2skor.
    1H and shield x2 (resto sometimes)

5 tava/5 trainee/2BS (S&B x2)

5 elegant/5 destromastery/1 groth (destro&resto)

5 Sun or bsw/5 lich/ 2 infernal guardian

There's a lot more..tbh mag dk can be built in a millions ways and be very strong.
    However, mdk, particularly LA mdk set ups for solo/2-5 man group play in open world pvp..will take time and demand skill in order to actually be effective. I'd personally recommend that you use double S&B or S&B/resto in LA.. Try to use destro on HA set up on ur back bar.. Ehh, that helped me but we all different.. But yeh helped me bc zos took away igneous shield and even if u try to spec for shield stacks.. Us mdks are as mobile as a rock..
    Good luck tho bro and hope you enjoy ur mdk
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    zSXNO6k.png

Sword and board on the front bar with Lightning Destro on the back. I only use lightning Destro because it increases the damage of my Eruption and Meteor.

Nice skin !!!!

Spellweave and Seducer ?
    Edited by Wellsley on March 4, 2017 3:22PM