Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trait research query

Hallothiel
Hallothiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm a bit unsure about this & have tried to check but can't find info.

Is any item with a trait automatically available for research, or is it only certain items? Does your crafting level have any relevance?

For example if I need to research defending, can I be sure buying a cheap dagger or getting one made will automatically mean I can resesrch it?

Ta.

Best Answers

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level and quality is not relevant for research. Buy the cheapest you can find or ask in guild or zone chat. Many are willing to craft something for research for free unless it is for nirnhorned. Also pay attention to looted items for research.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on February 26, 2017 1:02PM
    Answer ✓
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Any item you have with the trait you want to research is automatically aviable for researching. It doesn't matter where that item came from.
    Answer ✓
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies - I wanted to check as in the past I felt sure that I had items with a trait I did not know and they did not come up as available to research, but I may have been wrong.

Did not want to ask a guildmate to craft something for me and then find it useless and have to ask again!
    Answer ✓