Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Stop killing campaigns

Bakven
Bakven
✭✭✭
All alliances have done it. AD did it last week, DC is doing it this week. Maybe EP will do it next week who knows. But stop doing it. Farming the home keeps with the emp while people try to take them back after losing scrolls serves no purpose. You're just killing the campaign. A Iot of people quit after the scrolls are gone and those of us still left have to fight against the emp and their zergs ult spamming.

Most people who do this are those waiting for the queue for TF. They don't care about the health of the campaign they don't belong to. Don't kill any campaign let alone one that isn't yours. Everyone is here to play and y'all make it impossible to do so.
EP NA Haderus
Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
Vash'rassa- Stamblade
-Tiffany - Stam DK
Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    You can't make a post like this while being an EP on the Haderus campaign.

• Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    @Vurian97 I say the same thing to EP who kill the campaigns too.
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Emp
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is dead unless you're a zerg bad. They need to figure out how to make it fun and objective based. Maybe permanently remove cp or decrease the pop cap. Too many people all running the same thing.
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    PvP is dead unless you're a zerg bad. They need to figure out how to make it fun and objective based. Maybe permanently remove cp or decrease the pop cap. Too many people all running the same thing.

Zos should start with Alessia bridge, by destroying it .. I was going to suggest that non-opening doors are put on every doorway, but to be honest, just remove both towers so that the bridge becomes an open span .. nowhere to hide, nowhere to hold people up etc.

Honestly, that bridge alone ruins PvP

PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gadget4 wrote: »

Zos should start with Alessia bridge, by destroying it .. I was going to suggest that non-opening doors are put on every doorway, but to be honest, just remove both towers so that the bridge becomes an open span .. nowhere to hide, nowhere to hold people up etc.

You can just go under the bridge
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

What about the thousands of people who love the bridge fights?

Honestly when nothing is going on i go check out the bridge or the gate to get some quick action. I never stay for long, and i usually go under, but its always fun. Reminds me of the counter strike map speedball. Just keep respawning and going into instant action. Ha.

In truth the bridge does create an issue for those trying to formulate game plans, but its a double edged sword. Usually the bridge is mocked by many, some of whom, i find there shortly after. Ive never seen anyone go to the outpost to recruit people and pull them away however

ZOS cant fix social problems, but I guess they could try to make it more fun at other places. I would like the bridge to stay personally.
  • IndorilArwynLlethran

use culotte or niben bridge - very far from all actions ;)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ EP demanding this, nightcap much? Zerg much? Emp camping home keeps much?

I remember last year when your emp's gltiched into the keeps and took them without the keeps even going under siege mate.

While I agree this is not fun, look in your own back yard before you talk about your neighbour's
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop doing PvP when we're not winning! How dare you try and actually get a fight whilst you're winning!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Magic_Longsword

How dare you, heathen!

That bridge is the only sacred place for all PVPers.

(as for your tower suggestion, maybe you'd like towers in keeps to be removed too? And what about resource towers? Surely that "holds people up" too.)

People are not held up in this game. Being held up implies you have somewhere else to be, which people don't. They come for PVP and they get it in towers and on the bridge. And if you're in a rush to collect skyshards or PV/door Arrius, you can just pass through without going into the tower instead of whining about rushing in and getting rekt.

If antything, the bridge provides more interesting PVP due to its design. Open world, rocks, towers, bloodthirsty slaughterfish, and so many opportunities to die from fall damage.
    Beats PVPing in a courtyard imo.
    Edited by Magic_Longsword on March 3, 2017 2:05PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda miss the days of going into a back keep and taking out the stairs with a full raid up top. FUN STUFF. Countless players reaching the stairs just to ask "WTF happened to the stairs?!" Then get rekked...good times
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    All alliances have done it. AD did it last week, DC is doing it this week. Maybe EP will do it next week who knows. But stop doing it. Farming the home keeps with the emp while people try to take them back after losing scrolls serves no purpose. You're just killing the campaign. A Iot of people quit after the scrolls are gone and those of us still left have to fight against the emp and their zergs ult spamming.

Most people who do this are those waiting for the queue for TF. They don't care about the health of the campaign they don't belong to. Don't kill any campaign let alone one that isn't yours. Everyone is here to play and y'all make it impossible to do so.

I think if the did away with the campaign hopping ability, that would pretty much take care of things. :-)
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to give DC a bridge to fight at! A milegate is not nearly as good. It's just such a long run to the bridge, and a long run back when some spoil-sport burns your camp.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's looking pretty lively from here.... Does PVP know it's dead? Or?

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to tell people not to take the last two home keeps unless you're going after scrolls. Sometimes I'm successful but you can't control everyone.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I have tried to tell people not to take the last two home keeps unless you're going after scrolls. Sometimes I'm successful but you can't control everyone.

I say the same every time...and some AD just they simply 'send me away' ... offend, etc ... :/

Once a friend told me: in very unequal situations, do not take the scroll of the faction that is far below, because this demotivates players, ruins campaigns before the end.

I think the same way.
    Edited by Iskrasfemme on March 13, 2017 2:52PM
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well EP have done a stella job of killing EU AZURA. They pushed hard at campaign reset and have had the map on almost permanent lockdown since. Only 8 days in and 8.5k lead over DC with a 4.5k lead over AD who have a permanent low pop score buff.

Last campaign cycle this was a competitive campaign and the only reason for a DC 5k win margin was that during the double AP week DC held the map and pulled out to a 4-5k lead.

My prediction is by year end there will be two campaigns BWB 10-49 and new a campaign with a 300CP cap as compromise between CP and no CP campaigns.

I prefer no CP PVP and as all my toons are DC I'm currently unable to do that. Well even if I had AD or EP toons I still couldn't really PVP because gate camping or being camped is either very boring or very frustrating but in both cases zero fun.

So @ZOS_BrianWheeler with your improved performance claims just increase the pop caps and collapse the EU campaigns into BWB and TF. Force the alliances to fight for their PVE Cyrodiil instead of having AD and EP picking one each and DC goofing around in Haderus when allowed to. If the dominant faction doesn't want to play nice don't let them hide in their safe place, throw them together and make them fight.
    Edited by Forztr on April 1, 2017 12:54PM
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i guess that my group was a fresh wind on Azura-Star Eu :)
    Was kinda funny as Emp again, but most of us reitred no from Azura and Eso, hope guys you guys will do good there.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    Well EP have done a stella job of killing EU AZURA. They pushed hard at campaign reset and have had the map on almost permanent lockdown since. Only 8 days in and 8.5k lead over DC with a 4.5k lead over AD who have a permanent low pop score buff.

Last campaign cycle this was a competitive campaign and the only reason for a DC 5k win margin was that during the double AP week DC held the map and pulled out to a 4-5k lead.

My prediction is by year end there will be two campaigns BWB 10-49 and new a campaign with a 300CP cap as compromise between CP and no CP campaigns.

I prefer no CP PVP and as all my toons are DC I'm currently unable to do that. Well even if I had AD or EP toons I still couldn't really PVP because gate camping or being camped is either very boring or very frustrating but in both cases zero fun.

So @ZOS_BrianWheeler with your improved performance claims just increase the pop caps and collapse the EU campaigns into BWB and TF. Force the alliances to fight for their PVE Cyrodiil instead of having AD and EP picking one each and DC goofing around in Haderus when allowed to. If the dominant faction doesn't want to play nice don't let them hide in their safe place, throw them together and make them fight.

I'm EP in Azura and I thoroughly agree. Our guild heads into IC and the sewers and we usually try to bring a few randoms with us. I think the reason EP have completely locked it out this time is for the almighty beating we took the last couple of campaigns - then it was a DC lockout (never seen so many Blues, but that made it a lot of fun :) ). ocking campaigns down is a surefire way to pi55 people off though - even in the Alliance that is locking it down - I'd LOVE to get in to Azura today but one look at the map and theres nothing to do.
    Some ideas :
    • Accounts that have a character that makes Emp is then locked into that Alliance for the campaign
    • Alliances that hold the Empreorship keep the Emp buffs but have AP gains/awards reducded by 10%
    • A character can't be Emperor more than 3 times per campaign duration
    • If a group outnumbers the group they are fighting by 10, they receive a -20% AP gain penalty. If oiutnumbered by 20, they receive a -40% penalty, with each extra player over this increasing the penalty by 2% each (This is to try and combat the zerg vs 5 players. But most people like a good zerg vs zerg scrap if its pretty equal :))
    • Player not grouped and in combat earn +5% AP gain. This increases depending on the amount of players being fought by 1% per extra player
    • New seige types including:
    • Thick Tar Catapult - slows all players in target area of 25m diameter by 70% for 3 seconds. Cannot be negated
    • Daedric Damage Ballistae
    • Cap CP at 300 in CP Campaigns. Hmm maybe even @ 200?

Etc etc.
    Edited by Bam_Bam on April 6, 2017 9:24AM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    [quote="Forztr;3954879"
    • Player not grouped and in combat earn +5% AP gain. This increases depending on the amount of players being fought by 1% per extra player

The boosters will be real.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just close PvP..
    Since Zenimax doenst care since Imperial City and most of their decision were bad for Pvp..
    Double Ap gain, well we have now so many Rank 50, cause of outpost trading, yes they got a 3 days bann and Ap removed but not the ranks :disappointed: So they havent done that for the Ap, they wanted the Ranks..
    Oh and just to mention so many Bugs with Skills in PvP, gapcloser, Skills which arent breabable, infinity Stamina, Overloadbugs/exploit to have 4 bars.
    Fixing takes usually one big Patch Hotfix , and PvP starves for itself over several month.
    While Zenimax is able to fix "Chest in Mol" in one Day and exploits with Vmol :)
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so true. I am not even sure how AD has fun in Scourge zerging down a group of 4 people.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population cap of all Campaigns needs to be dropped from whatever the current 3 bar limit is down to 2 bars max. There's no reason to have so many people in one Campaign because all they do is join huge groups and all attack the same keep creating so much lag that you're not even PvP'ing, you're just mashing buttons in hope that something registers on one of the random zerglings.

ZoS needs to in the future look at creating a smaller Cyrodiil map with about half the max players we have now and just have more instances of that Campaign.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How dare you, heathen!

That bridge is the only sacred place for all PVPers.

(as for your tower suggestion, maybe you'd like towers in keeps to be removed too? And what about resource towers? Surely that "holds people up" too.)

People are not held up in this game. Being held up implies you have somewhere else to be, which people don't. They come for PVP and they get it in towers and on the bridge. And if you're in a rush to collect skyshards or PV/door Arrius, you can just pass through without going into the tower instead of whining about rushing in and getting rekt.

If antything, the bridge provides more interesting PVP due to its design. Open world, rocks, towers, bloodthirsty slaughterfish, and so many opportunities to die from fall damage.
    Beats PVPing in a courtyard imo.

so you must forget or jsut dont played in gold days of pvp when ffor example chalman farm and arrius lumber was legendary places when DC had chalman and AP arrius and AD was just ignored
    those days was the best with much more fun without stupid mindless AP farm zergs like ZS or UF who now destroying pvp more (sorry if i didnt mention DC ap farmers I mainly playing in DC so dont see any DC farming AP group/guild if they exist :D )
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what needs to be done is find a way to kill zerging. Maybe as I am sure that ZOS can calculate the amount of players in an area, if you are more than twice the number of the other players in the area, there is no ap. For example, if a group of 50 is running over a group of 24 then there would be no ap at all for the 50. No ap from player kills, resources or keeps if you are double the number of the players you are facing.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    need to do something watching a whole faction pop cap Zerg into a keep while defending is just a joke
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what needs to be done is find a way to kill zerging. Maybe as I am sure that ZOS can calculate the amount of players in an area, if you are more than twice the number of the other players in the area, there is no ap. For example, if a group of 50 is running over a group of 24 then there would be no ap at all for the 50. No ap from player kills, resources or keeps if you are double the number of the players you are facing.

I hate zergs, but I love to farm ap from them :)
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."