Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Back after several months away, disheartened...

PlaceboSoul
PlaceboSoul
✭✭✭
So, I quit playing 6 months ago, due to voice chat not working. I bought an Xbox one S, thought I'd try again to see if the issue still existed for me on the new console. Also, decided I'd just play solo if the chat was still not working.

So I renewed my eso+, logged in, and was a bit disappointed to see my voice chat still doesn't work. But that's not all.
Evidently, as noted in here already, almost all of the performance issues from months ago still exist.
On top of the poor performance I saw in the few hours I was able to play, I froze in game, exited and now I am locked out with this error 304, and I have been for hours now.

Wow, just wow. Not a great showing for my first day back. Either get locked in a forever loading screen or hit error 304.

How does such a great game get such horridly *** service?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SilasMurder
    Unfortunately you picked the worst week since launch to come back. As far as your voice chat is concerned. Have you ever went to home and started a party, the switching to game chat and left the party you just created? I have had to do that several times now. Fixes it every time.
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've tried that one. My issue is odd as hell, it's not intermittent at all. I fully troubleshooted it with support back in July. For some reason, on my main account people can hear me, but I hear nothing. If I make a second profile on Xbox, I can hear others, but no one can hear me. It's odd, because my voice chat works fine in Xbox live and with other games.

The settings in my main account and second account are identical, other than having gold on my main account obviously.

I may put in another service ticket and see if the techies have any fresh ideas for me after half a year. If not, project Scorpio is just around the corner.

I can deal with playing solo, but it just sucks there are a lot of weapon and armor pieces difficult to impossible to get solo.

Thankfully there is a fairly wide gap between group and solo content, so I'll just focus on gearing up to the "poor man" versions of equipment.
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, not only are most of the old performance issues still present, but now almost every second quest npc I go to is under the world and I have to relog.
    How long have npcs been falling through the world? Lol, Morrowind looks good, but I think we should focus on starting to fix some of these bugs before adding too much more content.

Holy jumping Jebus this game is broken, hehe. Lucky for ZOS the fun of playing it marginally outweighs the annoyance of the multitude of bugs. Marginally......
  • GunMetalGazm
    I've had a couple of issues with chat since I played the game back at launch but, so far so good now.