The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Humblemud - Bugged home? Invisible ceiling inside house.

Argruna
Argruna
✭✭✭
I bought Humblemud with gold because after looking at it, I thought it'd be cool to figure out how to build a staircase up to the smaller room up top. After trying repeatedly over a few days, there is no way you can get into that smaller room as there is an invisible ceiling preventing you from getting up there. I can place lights and whatnot in there but cannot physically get up there with my character. Is this intentional? If so....why? My whole reason for buying the place is gone and now I'm frustrated that I'm out 40,000 gold when I could have bought another house if I had known there was no way for me to get up there. So again, is this a bug? Intentional?
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    https://gfycat.com/LankyCompassionateFlyingfox

Here is a gfycat link of what I'm talking about. You can clearly see that I have a light up there but trying to jump up there, it acts like the entire ceiling is closed. You can also see there is enough space up there to create like a mini library, sleeping area or something however because of the invisible ceiling in place, you will never be able to get up there.

Please fix this!
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the PTS forum for a plethora of complaints/ feedback about invisible walls inside and outside of houses.
    So far not a single comment from ZOS.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh that sucks. I was loving the idea and even built a spiral staircase out of shelves up to the top before I realized that nope, can't get up there. I really wanted to spend the time decorating it out too. Here's hoping that I can recoup that gold. Right now Humblemud has been relegated from main house to storage shed.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make one highelf water themed carpet and sell it for 40k. There u just made your money back
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    Make one highelf water themed carpet and sell it for 40k. There u just made your money back

Yes I can do that, gold isn't the issue. It's just I hate that I'm going to need to dig through the PTR forums now to find all the bugs to make sure I don't run into this again. It's just frustrating that I wanted that to be a main feature of Humblemud, only to find it's not doable. Now I'm side eyeing Twin Arches and a couple of other houses I thought of doing loft areas in.