The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Brotherhood last quest broken

DnBTPJneb18_ESO
DnBTPJneb18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Long story short, and spoiler free, during the last boss of DB, when they use their 'signature' attack, my game freezes, causing me to re-launch the game to find the boss healed, and myself dead in the boss fight room.

I understand this has been an issue for a LONG time, please fix this, i didn't pay for Plus to not be able to ever finish the DLC because of a broken boss fight that's been in the game for at least 6 months..
  • x_Demogorgon_x
    This *** still isn't fixed.... haveing same damn problem
  • Kujeaux
    Kujeaux
    Soul Shriven
    This *** still isn't fixed.... haveing same damn problem

Shameful though I'm not surprised considering how long it took them to fix, somewhat, the city of Orsinium crashes.

I did this DB quest on a number of alts a couple of months back. The following recommendations, found on these forums, helped me to finish the quest on all my characters but did not completely eliminate the crashing, only helped it to not crash EVERY time. I am unsure if only one is necessary or all of them.
    - Before entering the final room, I turned sound off (not just down, but off) and turned the brightness all the way down
    - Ignore the adds, ignore the action, stay in the back near the side wall (reducing the amount of action on the screen)
    - The boss will come to you, have enough stamina to break free (?) when he does, do damage, repeat