The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Making a bet to duel?

Archivez
Archivez
So I was thinking what about putting a bet down before you duel would this be something that would interest you?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually pretty common practice. It use to be more popular. That's how I use to make my gold when imperial city came out lol
  • Archivez
    Archivez
    Didn't realise people where already doing this.

In your expericance has anyone run away after the duel and not paid because that would annoy me...

Maybe a system where the bet is made beforehand will stop this from happening is kinda where I was moving towards.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually pretty common practice. It use to be more popular. That's how I use to make my gold when imperial city came out lol

More often than not the randoms won't pay up. Had a 100k duel setup last night and the kid wouldn't pay up when he got beat.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More often than not the randoms won't pay up. Had a 100k duel setup last night and the kid wouldn't pay up when he got beat.

I don't know why people agree to the bet if they aren't going to pay. I've had some people like that as well never as high as 100k
  • Archivez
    Archivez
    @thankyourat These sort of people drive me crazy, I do think that a system in place would not only save arguments after the duel but actually make them a lot more fun.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If somebody I didn't know that also didn't already have rapport with the community bet anything other than chump change, I would pretty much assume they won't pay up.

That being said, it'd be pretty cool if there were a game system in place that allowed duelers to bet on the outcome before the duel started. Would probably need to restrict it to only the duelers though, otherwise non-dueling participants could just offer gold for somebody to throw the duel. Would be pretty funny to see both duelers trying to throw a duel though...
  • Archivez
    Archivez
    If somebody I didn't know that also didn't already have rapport with the community bet anything other than chump change, I would pretty much assume they won't pay up.

That being said, it'd be pretty cool if there were a game system in place that allowed duelers to bet on the outcome before the duel started. Would probably need to restrict it to only the duelers though, otherwise non-dueling participants could just offer gold for somebody to throw the duel. Would be pretty funny to see both duelers trying to throw a duel though...

Agreed on the restriction as we dont want people to cheat so maybe some sort of CAP to either the bet or even a CAP to the amount of times people can duel each other in a 24 hours period?

Edited by Archivez on February 27, 2017 11:27AM
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know why people agree to the bet if they aren't going to pay. I've had some people like that as well never as high as 100k

Because if they win, they get money. If they lose, well, they just don't pay and lose nothing. So it's a win situation in their mind, I guess?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archivez wrote: »
    @thankyourat These sort of people drive me crazy, I do think that a system in place would not only save arguments after the duel but actually make them a lot more fun.

It would be nice if it was like a system that allows you to put gold in a pot before the fight and when you will you automatically get the gold
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the OP meant that he wanted an in game mechanic to placing bets. that way, the other person has to pay up.

so like, add to the action wheel menu a Duel Player With Bet or something like that, and both players have to have the cash on them and the game takes the money out of your hands and then whoever wins the duel has the money mailed to them or something like that.

the honor system is just that. would need something in game
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Archivez
    Archivez
    Rickter wrote: »
    i think the OP meant that he wanted an in game mechanic to placing bets. that way, the other person has to pay up.

so like, add to the action wheel menu a Duel Player With Bet or something like that, and both players have to have the cash on them and the game takes the money out of your hands and then whoever wins the duel has the money mailed to them or something like that.

the honor system is just that. would need something in game

That is exactly what I meant something where a system would make sure that bets are made prior to any duel and the winner would get mailed the winnings.