The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

could you please stop ability to use magic and duel in towns?

MiahButterfly
MiahButterfly
Soul Shriven
especially near wayshrines, worktables, and banks PLEASE its lagging out everyone and tremendously stressing our consoles bad.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I don't think this is something which they're going to be able to do without seriously overhauling game systems.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they could potentially make dueling in cities unavailable (just like they can in dungeons) - but the magic use is kind of vital in case you get into a fracas with the guards or an NPC.

I agree though. The dueling on PS4 is also an issue with lagging etc. It takes about 3-5 minutes at busy times in Wayrest for the Undaunted pledge givers to spawn up due to the duelers etc...
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they (ZOS) would make a few tweaks to this mechanic that would respect those of us who really detest dueling as the interruption to our game play that it is while keeping this game feature for those players who like it. In RL life we have smoking/non-smoking areas. Dueling, imo, just needs a few reasonable limitations placed on it to achieve a balance for all players.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.