Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PS4 players learning master writ system: DO NOT ACCEPT WRIT QUEST UPON RECEIPT

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
One, let's accept that everyone seeing this post will already have experienced this and figured it out...but in case it saves some frustration here's how you open those master crafting writs to avoid accidentally being stuck with one.

1. If there's a master writ in your reward container, you'll get a prompt to accept the contract.

2. DO NOT ACCEPT. If you accept, the contract is a quest and bound to that character. You will be stuck with it, with no way to transfer the quest, transfer the reward vouchers if you complete it, or move it.

3. Choose "forget it." This transfers the master writ to your inventory as an item. It also annoyingly kicks you out of the inventory menu and you have to go back in.

4. You are now able to see what it's asking you to make, and what the voucher reward will be. You can transfer the writ to your bank to move to a different character, or you can sell the voucher in the guild store. If you do want the quest, simply read the writ and away you go.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this. :) I believe that's how it is for PC players, too.

Edited by SydneyGrey on February 23, 2017 7:22AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, any chance you can have someone go in and remove that quest prompt? Or, failing that, at least explain the logic behind it? I'm fairly certain there are loads of players getting screwed over by it but I'm still not sure why you'd add it in the first place.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it can be a feature for Morrowind?