Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So I got a master crafting writ

wildx
wildx
Can this be sold? I can't find it in my inventory but it is in my quest list. Do I have to complete it first? Did I make a mistake accepting it as a quest?

Best Answers

• Xenophis
    Xenophis
    If you cancel a master writ after accepting it, you lose it. It does not return as a sealed writ to your inventory.
    Answer ✓
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my first one and didnt understand i could cancel on pickup. I abandoned the quest and it was gone.

Learning... fun...
    Answer ✓
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should be embarrassed by this implementation. It's sloppy, inelegant, confusing and annoying. It provides no positive game experience unless you enjoy being trolled, tricked or swindled out of your master writ. There is no reason at all for a quest pop up upon receiving a master writ. Shame on ZOS. You're better than this.
    Answer ✓
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    I think you did. Not sure but I think you need to cancel at some point. It'd be nice to know what that point is.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, once you accept it, it's bound to your character.
    What's worse, if you have multiple characters it's easy to open it on the wrong one, making it completely useless.

If you want to sell master writs, you have to cancel the dialog that pops up after you pick it up.
    That moves it into your inventory and you can then sell the writ (or give it to another character).

It's a stupid design flaw ...
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on February 23, 2017 12:29AM
  • wildx
    wildx
    If I cancel will it disappear or default to my inventory?
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, it's certainly not intuitive.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wildx wrote: »
    If I cancel will it disappear or default to my inventory?
    It goes to your inventory if you cancel at pickup, no idea what will happen if you cancel the quest but i assume the write will be lost in space ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on February 23, 2017 12:36AM
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't abandon the quest after it's in your journal personally but you could do it for science :wink: