The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I use an assistant in my home? ps4

ricam
ricam
✭✭✭
I placed my merchant in my home. That's all I can do tho. I can move her around but I can't interact with her. I tried pull her from the collections menu and it says you can't use that collection here. What am I doing wrong?
PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After placing an assistant or other usable item, you have to turn off the Housing Editor to use them.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I did. I still could not use her. Are you suppose to be able to use them in the house? Maybe I need to send in a ticket to ZOS?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ricam wrote: »
    I did. I still could not use her. Are you suppose to be able to use them in the house? Maybe I need to send in a ticket to ZOS?

You're supposed to be able to use them after placing them, yes. My banker hasn't had any issues with using his services, once he was placed.

Make sure the Housing Editor is all the way off. If you can move items, you're still in editor mode. Press the "Exit Housing Editor" button (not sure what that is on PS4, sorry, but I assume it's the one you used to enter the Editor?).

Also, make sure she's placed in a usable position. When you were placing her, what was the color of her outline? She can only be used if she's upright on the floor with space in front of her (Use the "Lock to Surface" option on the floor to make this a lot easier). You'll know she's placed correctly because the outline will be bright green (move her around to see what the two outline colors look like).

When the Housing Editor is turned all the way off, you're also able to use chairs and doors. Are you able to use those, but not the merchant? Are you sure she's placed in a way where she's outlined in the "usable" color? If so, then yeah, send a ticket to ZOS. But I'd double-check the above first.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on February 22, 2017 5:34PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I will play with it again this eve. I was able to sit in a chair after but maybe it was her position. If your banker works, the merchant should as well. Thanks. :)
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    It worked after the servers came back up :):)
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got it to work.
    I had similar issue as well.
    I could not use banker. Figured out where I put him was in a place that I couldnt get close enough to use him
    DUH !!!
    Moved him closer to counter and then I could access him.
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Glad you got it to work.
    I had similar issue as well.
    I could not use banker. Figured out where I put him was in a place that I couldnt get close enough to use him
    DUH !!!
    Moved him closer to counter and then I could access him.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. Not sure if I had her placed wrong. Probably. lol

I haven't bought a banker. Can you access the guild banks or just your own?
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No just your own