The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar DPS Numbers?

Humble48
Humble48
✭✭
I'm trying to get an understanding of where I stand DPS wise compared to other templars. I'm running a magical templar setup and switch between various skills, but for simplicity, let's say something close to Deltia's Omega build. I do not yet have the Twice Born Star traits done, so I'm currently wearing Julianos and Magnus. My DPS from Combat Metrics addon puts me in ranges for 6000 for single targets to 9000-12000 for multiple targets in regular delves. I don't have a survivability issue in regular delves and public dungeons (with a some bosses being a challenge). I also have 300 CP.

Is my DPS high, okay, low, or complete garbage? I feel it's low but it's hard to compare where others are at.

Thanks all.
  • DeathlurkZ
    DeathlurkZ
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

I am CP 125, my gear is trash... some of it is for lvl 36. Only set is a 4pc lvl 36 seducer and 3 pc elegant jewelry... I am waiting to hit item cap before I get my gear.

So with crap gear, and using a destro staff.. I am hitting around high 5 to 6k dps sustained, around 7 to 8k burst (both single target)

And anwhere from 10k - I wanna say 18k for trash mobs.

When i get the higher 18k+ish dps it is when we hoard a huge group of trash mobs in a line so its not that impressive.

My spell damage (unbuffed) is 1227 and 41% spell crit but my destro staff is for cp 110 so I need to get a new one for cp 120

If you care, I can post more information.
    Edited by DeathlurkZ on February 21, 2017 11:46PM
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    So then there has to be something up. I personally made the sets for my guy and they are all legendary or epic quality. From your stats, I have a little more crit than you do but with 304 CP, I should expect I should have something better going on DPS-wise.

Spell Damage is 1752, Crit 42.2%
    Weapon Damage 1484, Crit 27.9%

I'm baffled how my dps is basically the same or lower than yours.
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    With Spell damage around 2200, 40 000 max magika, 56% crit. I can get 20-25k dps single target ; 40-65k dps AOE
  • DeathlurkZ
    DeathlurkZ
    ✭✭✭
    Humble48 wrote: »
    So then there has to be something up. I personally made the sets for my guy and they are all legendary or epic quality. From your stats, I have a little more crit than you do but with 304 CP, I should expect I should have something better going on DPS-wise.

Spell Damage is 1752, Crit 42.2%
    Weapon Damage 1484, Crit 27.9%

I'm baffled how my dps is basically the same or lower than yours.

Whats your rotation?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, I'd stick with Julianos over TBS because of the nerf to crit damage, though Burning Spellweave is best in slot.

What is your rotation? You should be able to get at least 6k just spamming Puncturing Sweeps. I haven't run my Magplar as a PvE DPS but some of the skills you should be using are Wall of Elements, Blazing Spear, Vampire's Bane (or other morph) and Radiant Destruction for execute. You're going to want to have Inner Light (Mage's Guild) for the max magic and spell crit bonuses on both bars.

You want to reapply your DoTs just as they are ending, too soon or too late is a DPS loss, but it takes practice. When your DoTs are up that's when you spam sweeps, which you'll probably get 3 or 4 sweeps in before you need to reapply DoTs. Also don't forget to weave attacks between your skills, it adds DPS, builds ultimate and procs weapon enchantments.

Once you get comfortable with your rotation look up Alcast on YouTube and check out his animation canceling videos (he also has videos of what each classes rotation should look like that might interest you). There's other videos that are probably good too, but I know Alcast's are good. You'll want to start with just canceling your light/heavy attacks with skills, then work your way towards animation canceling your skills with weapon swap and eventually animation canceling your skills with block to cut short some of those lengthy animations. I would try to add a layer at a time so not to overwhelm yourself, when you get comfortable add another layer.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it an addon who tracks DoT timeout?
    Buffs are easy as they are active effects on you.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    is it an addon who tracks DoT timeout?
    Buffs are easy as they are active effects on you.

There are, but I don't know what they're called, I'm on console.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback folks. I'm going to look at the rotations to see if that the issue is. Even just Puncturing Sweeps is more like a consistent 4k, not 6k for me. That seems odd that my numbers are lower overall in just that skill. My goal is to make a video of this to show what's going on. I'll also check out those videos to see if I just have the wrong build. I have 235 skill points, I'm 50 in most of the skill lines, and most skills that we're discussing can be modified up to whatever. Perhaps I have something missing or there's a passive I've missed?
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    What is the prescribed method to determine DPS and also to determine when buffs, Damage over Time (DoT) etc.. are running out?
    Edited by parkham on February 24, 2017 2:22PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    What is the prescribed method to determine DPS and also to determine when buffs, Damage over Time (DoT) etc.. are running out?

Well on PC it's pretty simple as we have add-ons. I'd advise getting:
    • AUI = For the scrolling combat text. You could substitute for FTC depending on your tastes, and if it's updated.
    • Srendarr = For buff/debuff tracking. You could substitute for FTC depending on your tastes, and if it's updated.
    • Combat Metrics = For a detailed DPS breakdown.
    I'm sure their are others out their, but that's what I use.
    On console it's a lot harder. On console you'll need to keep a constant eye on your character, the environment, AND the people you're up against. Each buff/debuff, DoT, etc, will have a different effect on the area/target so I can't really go into detail on what to look out for.
    Edited by Madness1 on February 24, 2017 2:52PM
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »

If you're on console you just need to keep a mental timer. If you wait to see visuals fade to determine if you need to recast you're going to end up with more down time on your DoTs. If you work on it you'll get to the point where you just know how many times you'll get to cast your spammable before having to reapply DoTs.

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA