Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help!!!

DazzerB
DazzerB
Soul Shriven
I'm not the best at this game but do love it. I am champion lvl 164 but have definitely done things the hard way. Would love some advice on a lot ov areas and best things to do in game to get better armour and everything
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of impossible for anyone to give you advice without a bit more information from you:

What class is your character?
    What build do you use? (Tank, healer or damage dealer? Stamina or magicka?)
    Do you mainly play in PvP or PvE?
    What armour and weapons do you have now?

What else do you want help with? Idea for things to do now you've levelled up? Advice on how to complete particular areas of the game?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DazzerB wrote: »
    I'm not the best at this game but do love it. I am champion lvl 164 but have definitely done things the hard way. Would love some advice on a lot ov areas and best things to do in game to get better armour and everything
    Practice. Practice. And more practice.

This isn't a joke. It's required. So many people want to be buff one day after creating a new character, but this game isn't designed for this. You need to practice and hone your own skills.

Everyone on this site can give you advice, but it won't mean a thing if you don't know how to apply it. So you want better gear? Okay, grab some hemming and craft a new item. Done! Easy, right?

Nope. Your class and play style have everything to do with what to craft, and that's where you need to take the time to practice creating a few armors and trying them out. Maybe the set with more magicka helps you improve your game. If not, try something that does.

Those traits are there for a reason, and it's going to take MONTHS to learn them all. Of course, you could always grab something that drops and try it out, but getting sets from drops is tenuous, at best.

Also mix and match your skills and learn how to use them together. Constantly repeating the same attacks over and over only puts you in a rut, because you know what you do works. But things could be better. Every enemy has strengths and weakness, and using the same attack isn't efficient, or beneficial to your development.

At 164, it looks to me you've squeaked by to get to this level. Let me ask you: how many times have you died getting there? Were bosses really tough? Did you just use the same attacks, spamming potions?

These are indicators you're not playing the game, but rather, the game is playing you.

It's tough to change what you're used to. I speak with experience on this one, but I also can attest changing your playstyle vastly improves your fun playing the game. Sometimes, you'll feel OP. Others, well, keep a few soul gems on hand.

Weapon swapping was something I rarely did, but once I put dedication on forcing myself to use it, I have a hard time playing new characters up to level 15 because it's so second nature to me now!

So, that's my advice. I know this post was long, but I sure hope it's helpful to you. Enjoy! :smiley:
    Edited by Violynne on February 21, 2017 7:53PM