The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Charged became the second best solo trait now

Masel
Masel
Class Representative
I did some Testing with a simple rotation (Liquid Lightning/Blockade/Bar Swap/3x(Fully Charged Heavy Inferno Attack followed by Force Pulse)and repeat), and voilà, CHARGED Out-DPSes Precise, Nirnhoned and Infused now by Quite a Margin due to the New Concussion in Solo/4-Man content. So if you dont have a Sharpened Staff, go for charged in Solo Play/4 Man content. Still have to test how it performs compared to sharpened, but i miss a sharpened infallible aether inferno staff to have an exact substitute for charged/infused. With concussion, you contribute to the Group DPS, so it might be worth runnign in Group Content.

I used 2 Illambris/5 Necropotence/4 Infallible Aether (Charged and Infused Inferno, respectively) and a Sharpened vMA Lightning Staff.

This applies only to Builds using a certain amount of Lightning Damage and Force Pulse/Crushing Shock and only if the Concussion uptime isn't good. Each Force Pulse has a 42% Chance to Apply Concussion, Burning and Chilled, respectively. The shock enchant has an 84% chance. So using the Exploiter Passive and a Blockade Of Storms has a strong effect on your deeps with a charged staff.

I'd like to see further testing on this :smile:

Charged with Shock damage Enchant:
screenshot_20170220_033126.png

Infused with Legendary Spell Damage Enchant:

screenshot_20170220_033128.png

Edited by Masel on February 21, 2017 11:56AM
PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm... tons of charged staves out there for sale going cheap.
    Lightning status now a multi-user debuff of pen.
    makes sense if you aren't getting the debuff from other source which makes sense solo.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Hmmmm... tons of charged staves out there for sale going cheap.
    Lightning status now a multi-user debuff of pen.
    makes sense if you aren't getting the debuff from other source which makes sense solo.

You have a pretty much 100% Uptime on concussion with charged, as long as you use weapon attacks to proc the shock enchant and use force pulse often enough. Plus you apply the chilled snare, the burning effect. BSW for example procs from burning as it is fire damage so this would probably increase the uptime on it too.

Edited by Masel on February 21, 2017 4:04PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA