Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Master Alchemy Writ not working

suetokerb16_ESO
suetokerb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have to make a masterful concoction and it does not work. I need to make 20 essence of ravage health with the traits, ravage health, detection and increase spell power. I have tried a range of mixes that each have one of these traits on but every time I craft it still tells me none are made and remains zero of 20. I am wasting all my alchemy items keep trying to do this but with no result. Is it bugged or am i doing it wrong as I really cannot see any other way to do it.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to make a masterful concoction and it does not work. I need to make 20 essence of ravage health with the traits, ravage health, detection and increase spell power. ....

If memory serves, one of my PCs did that writ without any problem, and it required three reagents in addition to the solvent. Note that your PC must have the Alchemy crafting passive unlocked which enables the PC to use three reagents instead of only two. Many -- whether all -- Master Alchemy Writ potions and poisons require three reagents to obtain a potion or poison that has the required effects. (I don't have any experience with Furnishing Formulae yet.)

Apparently, you are using the native ESO UI to select the solvent and the respective reagents. The outcome will be either a potion with a name, or a notice that no potion was made. (I am not sure what happens when you neglected to choose a solvent!) When you use three reagents:

(1) The first reagent and second reagent must have at least one matching trait, and/or (2) the second and third reagents must have at least one match, and/or (3) the first and third reagents must have at least one matching trait.

No potion means that no pair of reagents had a matching trait. If the UI shows that two or more of the reagents have matching traits, then please take a screen-shot and (1) use F1 > Feedback -- in game -- to report it for the Crafting UI, with a copy of the screen-shot attached, or (2) post a copy of the screen-shot in reply to this post.

Personally, I recommend that you download and install the Potion Maker add-on from ESOUI.com. With it, you can use either the native ESO UI or one of three alternatives for Formulae (furnishing), Potions, and Poisons, respectively. It is very versatile, and useful in fulfilling writs. However, if your PC does not know all of the traits for each and every reagent, then read the instructions on the ESOUI page for Potion Maker about how to use it to discover them.

Edited by Shadowshire on February 22, 2017 5:49AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try either of these;
    Cornflower + Violet Cop + Torchbug
    Cornflower + Violet Cop + Wormwood
    Options
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple of these that are impossible to make.

Can't remember what they were, though...
    Edited by OldManJim on February 22, 2017 7:40AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    I've had a couple of these that are impossible to make.

Can't remember what they were, though...
    So far, at least, I haven't received a Master Alchemy Writ that had trait requirements for which Potion Maker could not find any combination of reagents to satisfy them. Then again, I've only received about a dozen MAWs. Of course, there is a huge number of specific combinations of reagents which will not produce a potion or a poison. For one MAW I overlooked the fact that it was for a poison and tried to find a potion that satisfied the requirements instead. When Potion Maker could not find a potion that satisfied the MAW, I reviewed the writ and realized that I had to use the Poison UI instead. :blush:

Options
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Master Writ - Essence of detection

Restore magicka
    Increase spellpower
    Detection

Torchbug thorax
    Cornflower
    Lady smock
    Options
  • Smokinroses
    Smokinroses
    ✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Try either of these;
    Cornflower + Violet Cop + Torchbug
    Cornflower + Violet Cop + Wormwood

Thank you so much!!! I've been having this issue with the poison to make..I had made well over 100 poisons and couldn't figure the mixture. But thank you so much! What a pain to do...First time I've had an issue doing a Master Writ - Alchemy. lol -_-
    Options
  • devilfish79
    Just a note: if the writ is for an 'Essence' it's a potion, but if it says 'Poison', it's a poison. That helps me know, right off the bat, whether to use tears or alkahest.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a note: if the writ is for an 'Essence' it's a potion, but if it says 'Poison', it's a poison. That helps me know, right off the bat, whether to use tears or alkahest.
    Eventually, you may find an exception to this rule: a "potion" named as a "poison" in the opened Master Crafting Writ. It has happened to me. If memory serves, the combination of herbs was found by the Potion Maker add-on, after I used the Potion feature because the Poison feature did not produce the required results. The game software accepted it as fulfilling the Writ.

Otherwise, the name for the mixture that your PC is supposed to concoct ordinarily does disclose whether to use Lorkhan's Tears or to use Alkahest instead.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 15, 2017 12:34AM

Options
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    If the quest updates to say you've only completed 4/20 then make 4 more. It will then update correctly.

Would make life simpler if it specified that more than 1 was required. It's not exactly generous with its reward after all, so wasting time thinking something elusive is required was rather irritating.
    Options