The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does ZoS not like money? How many people here want a crown sale?!

SirGabenOfSteamia
SirGabenOfSteamia
✭✭✭✭
C'mon... how many times have we asked for a crown sale over the past few weeks? Like, are our pleas not heard by the Gods above? Let's show ZoS and crown sales some love!
Edited by SirGabenOfSteamia on February 21, 2017 3:30AM
And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
"Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
And obey, he did.

Does ZoS not like money? How many people here want a crown sale?! 190 votes

Yeah, I want(ed) a crown sale for housing!
34%
KrivasranGilvothEbonwindRainwhisperOlernDarcyMardinPhilhypeAimoraAlienSlofFeraltigerb16_ESOJitterbugPhuzgbaker42jarrandub17_ESOCerselaAjaxandrielMivrynasanteraiAromaklookstwice 66 votes
Yeah, I want a crown sale for new Crown Crates!
11%
Moiskormoimiarkansas_ESODeadlyRecluseAlarraArugafblacklotusforevereb17_ESOxSkullfoxRajajshkaAmourArundoJaeysadjs0130Palliomax_onlyBrokensocketFluffyReachWitchdaggerfallingRainchaser klowdy1Bregilad 22 votes
Yeah, I want a crown sale for both!
42%
WulfyEggziedcorsiukb14_ESOHoylegumullinsthegreatb14_ESOScootterWhatelse73b14_ESODaftsmallMamaDruidavilentchukrwb17_ESOGlurinAektannJames-WayneLivvyOli9050JoeBoxr0avfanaticSraadalsuranRawst 80 votes
No, people who pay real life money for any of these are silly...
7%
necronomniconb14_ESOixieSoellaSLaytanicAlinielUntrustedExistenzCogoFirerock2ZombieZigThe_4O4bebynnagLuigi_VampafireraptureEthyarion 14 votes
No, I wasn't going to pay gold for these either.
4%
Surragardarakis99ub17_ESOmertustaElsonsoJesterHDracindoCadburyFerrumnCutem 8 votes
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have too many Crowns, right now. The last thing I need is more of them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They've had a multiple crown sales at the end of 2016. If they keep putting them on sale they're just going to devalue their worth. It's been two months since the last sale. =P
    Edited by Preyfar on February 21, 2017 3:39AM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    They've had a multiple crown sales at the end of 2016. If they keep putting them on sale they're just going to devalue their worth. It's been two months since the last sale. =P

This
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    past tense, that boat has sailed, bank is now closed.
    thank you, and good day!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've had a multiple crown sales at the end of 2016.
    Not for the PC, NA server.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Economics called. It said this statement is bogus.

ZoS is in no position to estimate value. This is solely on the consumer. Call me cynical to believe a person's value for an infinitely distributed item, such as an electric horse, wouldn't instill a consumer's value should the price be $10 as opposed to $50.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

ZoS is in no position to estimate value. This is solely on the consumer.

Yes, and maybe Bethesda doesn't want you estimating the value too low. That way you will still buy it when it is not on sale.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're missing an option.

I'd like to buy discounted crowns but not for housing or crates. Given they price items so they're only reasonable if you buy crowns when they're discounted I have to wait for those sales.

Unfortunately the elk was more expensive than I anticipated and that left me short. I'm waiting for the next sale to start playing again.
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

They did.

There were crown pack sales in late October and late November. That would qualify as multiple sales at the end of 2016. Also one in March.

Personally I only remember the November one. I'm not on twitter and they've never sent an email announcement about crown pack sales to me. I've still got all of their promo emails and have checked them.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    You missed another option ..... "Getting old seeing all the posts & polls regarding crown sales"

There will be a sale when there is a sale ...... constantly posting requesting a sale is not going to make ZOS have a sale .....

All it does is show ZOS how much you want crowns to purchase things, so why should ZOS have a sale. If you need crowns that bad, it is ZOS's best interested not to have a sale and have you wait it out and purchase at full price to get what you want .....
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're smart, they'll never do a 40% off crown sale again and instead discount the price of in-game things in the store.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to buy discounted crowns but not for housing or crates. Given they price items so they're only reasonable if you buy crowns when they're discounted I have to wait for those sales.

Unfortunately the elk was more expensive than I anticipated and that left me short. I'm waiting for the next sale to start playing again.

They did.

There were crown pack sales in late October and late November. That would qualify as multiple sales at the end of 2016. Also one in March.

Personally I only remember the November one. I'm not on twitter and they've never sent an email announcement about crown pack sales to me. I've still got all of their promo emails and have checked them.

You are both incorrect.

PS4 NA had a Crown Sale March 2016 and August 2016. We are long overdue for a Crown Sale on PS4 NA. Over 7 months.
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 22, 2017 8:54AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no sense in them doing a sale right now.

You (we) want a sale so we spend less on housing, they want us to spend more on housing. Why would they offer sales and get less money whilst many players are sinking money into Crowns right now at full value for housing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

You (we) want a sale so we spend less on housing, they want us to spend more on housing. Why would they offer sales and get less money whilst many players are sinking money into Crowns right now at full value for housing.

As much as I want a sale, I agree. They're most likely waiting with a sale until after new crate season and a few weeks after Homestead. Probably around April = Jesters Festival + ESO Anniversary.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread, like all the other threads begging for crown sales, will not have any effect on Zos and will not initiate a sudden crown sale.
    Ofc people are going to say yes if you ask them if they want to spend less money for more stuff, that's just a silly thing to ask.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

As much as I want a sale, I agree. They're most likely waiting with a sale until after new crate season and a few weeks after Homestead. Probably around April = Jesters Festival + ESO Anniversary.

I think your pretty close, i would bet on just before the next crown crate season...
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    I think your pretty close, i would bet on just before the next crown crate season...

The next crown crate season is next Thursday, I would not bet on a sale before next Thursday .....
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely there will be one before the end of March. I think atm they're just trying to test people's resolve as to see who can hold out the longest without buying the crowns at an undiscount rate.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are both incorrect.

Nope. Not in the slightest.

Try reading what you replied to, and quoted, again. To help you I've added a little bold.
    They've had a multiple crown sales at the end of 2016.
    They did.

You are both incorrect.

PS4 NA had a Crown Sale March 2016 and August 2016. We are long overdue for a Crown Sale on PS4 NA. Over 7 months.

Oops!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even have the game installed in October / November 2016 of last year due to a format.

So I too hope this is comingzG9yLD4.jpg
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    We here may have the fortitude and patience to wait for a clown sale. But the fact of the matter is even at this very moment I'm typing someone outthere has cracked and purchased clowns at their full price.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    Most likely there will be one before the end of March. I think atm they're just trying to test people's resolve as to see who can hold out the longest without buying the crowns at an undiscount rate.

Nah. Wild Hunt Crown Crates will launch first, and ZOS will want to get as many people buying Crowns at full price for them as possible. I wouldn't expect a sale until April at the earliest.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I want a crown sale for new Crown Crates!
    Darkstorne wrote: »

Nah. Wild Hunt Crown Crates will launch first, and ZOS will want to get as many people buying Crowns at full price for them as possible. I wouldn't expect a sale until April at the earliest.
    Just in time for tax refunds?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Emmeric1964
    Emmeric1964
    ✭✭
    Discounting the store items as temporary specials does the trick. Makes better business sense.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come back when they add dragon(-like) mounts/pets.

And to not start a rant, there are plenty of lore-friendly ways out there to add dragons, it only takes some creativity.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

ZoS is in no position to estimate value. This is solely on the consumer. Call me cynical to believe a person's value for an infinitely distributed item, such as an electric horse, wouldn't instill a consumer's value should the price be $10 as opposed to $50.

Exactly this. They aren't worth the normal price to me, so I won't buy them at that price. When they go on 1/2 sale, I find that more reasonable and am often inclined to spend a little $.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

This is likely the case. Why would they put Crowns on sale just before, and in the first few weeks of, releasing their major Crown Store event item? The purpose of Crown Crates is to get people to buy Crowns, and the more they buy at full price, the happier everyone is. (Well, at least the important "everyone")

So Bethesda can hear this again... I don't buy Crown Crates or Crown Houses, and I stocked up on Crowns back in 2016. I have more Crowns than I can spend, right now. I have no reason to buy them, even if they were on sale. If I renew ESO Plus, I definitely won't have a reason to buy Crowns for the whole year. Even if I don't renew ESO Plus, I figure I am good for 2017. The focus on houses, crates, and overpriced stuff really leaves me with a lot less stuff to buy.

Edited by Elsonso on February 24, 2017 2:57PM
  • xKRAIZEEMANx
    I've only been an ESO Plus member for a few months...so I would definitely jump on the chance to buy discounted crowns.

I do, however, agree with what some other people are saying though...they won't do it this close to releasing new content.
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    No, people who pay real life money for any of these are silly...
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Come back when they add dragon(-like) mounts/pets.

And to not start a rant, there are plenty of lore-friendly ways out there to add dragons, it only takes some creativity.

Well a reindeer is more nerd-friendly than a dragon in a fantasy rpg setting, you have to know that come on man

I would probably only pay about 100$ (but preferably on half or close to half-off sale) to run around in a megazord and about 30 or hell even about 50 to run around looking like a power ranger. Anything else is a blatan ripoff and a bore. And that would have to be the green ranger, and the dragonzord. Maybe the white with the Tigerzord, I could settle for. But I want the green really with that awesome flute as a sword/dagger weaponskin and a emote and an animation to play it when summoning the dragonzord mount. I would pay 80 to 120 bucks for that, not for a lame house that doesn't do even the limited stuff official TES homes in the real elder scrolls games do.

Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on February 28, 2017 9:30PM
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Crowns are in high demand, it would be stupid of them to start a sale right now. Maybe you plebs should have held off on that elk mount.
  • Purrmaid
    Purrmaid
    ✭✭
    Yes I want a sale.
    I also want to win the lottery and find a drugdealers leftover bag with millions of dollars in it.

None of those are very reasonable. With the new changes to ESO with steam (allowing us to buy crowns and subs through steam with steam wallet) they had a sale on the ESO+ there. So I doubt we'll see another sale right now, aslong as THAT sale is on-going.

(and really, ESO+ gives us crowns too!)