The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on loading screen after log in

Zodi53
Zodi53
✭✭✭
Hey guys. I played ESO at launch for a year and I recently decided to come back. I re-downloaded the client and re-installed everything. However when i tried to log in for the first time I'm just stuck on an infinite loading screen before getting the error 308 message and being kicked out. I have tried to log in 6 times now.

I had a look online and I did things like turning off my firewall and checking my router settings but nothing has worked. As a matter of fact i'm playing on the same PC and same router as 3 years ago when I last played.

I would really like to start playing again and i'm out of ideas to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • XavierTeatime
    XavierTeatime
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem. It only started after the patch yesterday. I log in, get to the loading screen, and it stays there for 10+ minutes then boots me for inactivity. I am unable to even get to the character select screen. Didn't have any problems like this before the patch!

I added ESO to my firewall exceptions, have done reboots, and don't have any addons. Halp, my new house needs me. :(
    Options
  • Zodi53
    Zodi53
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Still having this problem. Just kicked for inactivity after waiting for the loading screen to never finish.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same problem
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Sundew
    Sundew
    Soul Shriven
    I was having this exact same problem. Reinstalled my game and graphics driver, and it works now
    Options
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @Zodi53 What kind of graphics card do you have. Do you have some dual graphics laptop, by chance?

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
    Options
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the same situation, played when the game first came out then quit and just recently decided to come back, i also get that same 308 error, after getting stuck on the load screen.

@parkham Just to add to your data there, the laptop im using is a dual graphics.
    Options
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @Queo Try this if you feel comfortable. My laptop started working again afterwards. I'm so glad I can play on the road now as time permits.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321710/potential-fix-for-eso-has-stopped-working-immediate-crash-after-hitting-play#latest

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
    Options
  • Zodi53
    Zodi53
    ✭✭✭
    Manually Modifying the graphics settings files worked! Thanks.

I have a very average laptop but its funny because 3 years ago I played on Medium but now I can only play on Low.
    Options
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @Zodi53 That's awesome news!

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
    Options