The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rakeipa and Flour farming

Anastian
Anastian
✭✭✭
Greetings.
So, as a lot of traders have completely leeched the market out of Rakeipa and Flour and they are really difficult to find... Where do you guys get these materials to furnish your home? So far, for Rakeipa, the idea was just to pray and farm runestones, but is there some place where to accrue loads of flour consistently? Also, would you have any suggestions for Zenimax regarding these two furniture items, which are extremely rare (and like 16-20 of each are required for even the most basic stuff)?
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Know Rakeipa is needed for candles and other sources of lightning - what is Flour used for in housing?
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad, thinking of Potency not essence. Can't flour be purchased from a vendor though?
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on February 20, 2017 10:04AM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy low level fire glyphs and deconstruct them for Rakeipa and you can buy flour from a grocer if you need to (though the cost is a bit high). The materials are out there if you want to pay for them. I'm not seeing the same shortages you are but perhaps it's different on the various platforms. I'm on PC/NA. I do my provisioning writs every day and have about 1500 of each provisioning mat stashed away and deconstructing all the white glyphs I pick up from killing mobs and looting chests has me at about 1000 of any given common runestone. I'm finding the bottleneck for furniture crafting to be the new mats, heartstone being the most coveted.
    Edited by redspecter23 on February 20, 2017 10:05AM
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    I Know Rakeipa is needed for candles and other sources of lightning - what is Flour used for in housing?

EVERYTHING done under provisioning, vases, cups, bottles etc etc
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    About provisioning: I know that it's possible to purchase the flour (albeit for 150g per piece) and it's also possible to look in every single container looting materials but I was looking for a reliable place where to found Flour Sacks which would only drop flour and narrow the time spent looking for that material by a large amount. I can understand simple random provisioning looting but I find it more time consuming than specific containers (if there's a large amount of them and anybody knows where to find them).
    I am playing in the EU/PC server and have started only a month ago, so I didn't yet have enough time to hoard flour and rakeipa. It's a fresh start, so every item requires quite a bit of farming.
    About the new materials: they are scarse only for now, but give it a bit of time and prices will drop, you will be able to purchase them for an affordable offer as these materials are by-products of the farming of other materials, so in the end the market will have plenty of them (also consider that an epic furniture piece from a vendor costs from 5000 to 10000 coins, so that's my expected final price on the epic grade furnitures).

About Rakeipas: yeah, deconstructing glyphs might be a thing but still, the droprate isn't high enough to be consistent... Perhaps if fire daedra dropped them...
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runes, the dungeon west of Burma in cyrodiil has a bunch of runes and they respawn fast. Flour any number of enemy encampments or dungeons.
  • Versai
    Versai
    Soul Shriven
    Where Exactly can you buy flour, cause I sure haven't seen anything but fruit and veggies at grocers?

Also, 20 flour for a candle is annoying....
    Edited by Versai on February 20, 2017 4:41PM
  • Eggzie
    Eggzie
    ✭✭

The flour locations in that guide are kind of lousy.

For flour, I've started to include the two flour sacks in the basement of Kragenmoor in Stonefalls for my stolen goodsl/blueprint farm loop. Great thing about flour is that it's usually in a pull of 2 per sack.

Flour comes from 2 different containers: the small sacks with white flour poking out the top, and large yellowish round containers that look like they have a tarp pulled over it.

From what I've seen from traders: 1 dude pulled all the flour off all of all the traders and is selling it for 8.5k per 100 stack from his 5 trade guilds. And the flour he didn't touch is about the same price 80-90 per unit. (PC NA)

For the rune, may I suggest Capstone Cave in Cyrodiil? This was my favorite Kuta farm at launch. I just don't know if it's still viable due to the changes in how runes works since I last farmed.
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The docks in Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, and Vulkhel Guard where Chef Donolon hangs out during the Anniversary event has at least four to five sacks of unowned flour apiece. You can port around via the Navigators at the docks and loot nothing but flour for hours without the need to fence it.

If you want to also do owned containers/urns/dressers for chances at recipes and furnishing recipes, there's a house in Orsinium that has nobody in it to see you loot stuff, the name escapes me at the moment but it's easy to find, right on the main drag. If you duck into the basement during your loop, there are three sacks in the closest basement area that have a chance to contain flour, seasoning, or millet. Also hit baskets, as they have a chance to contain flour in addition to their usual ingredients.

For Rakeipa, yeah deconstruct vendor Flame runes or just farm your rear off. I tend to do farm because then I pick up other furnishing items too, like heartwood and regulus. It's annoying how much Rakeipa the recipes use...I think it should be one rune per flame in the recipe, darnit.
    Edited by Truthsnark on February 21, 2017 1:15AM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Daggerfall, by the docks near the wayshrine, there's a small area that has flour and honey - it was used a while back for the aniversary event. It's by the small boat next to the southernmost ship.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Eggzie
    Eggzie
    ✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    The docks in Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, and Vulkhel Guard where Chef Donolon hangs out during the Anniversary event has at least four to five sacks of unowned flour apiece. You can port around via the Navigators at the docks and loot nothing but flour for hours without the need to fence it.

/tiphat
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made everything in provisioning require 20 flour, and made flour hard to find. :s

I've taken to stealing flour in the game. It's as precious as gold now. It's so sad. :/
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Versai wrote: »
    Where Exactly can you buy flour, cause I sure haven't seen anything but fruit and veggies at grocers?
    Also, 20 flour for a candle is annoying....

I'm with you... We made a lot of candles out in the garage when we were kids. I don't recall flour being involved... lol

As for finding flour, once you start actively looking for it, you'll find it, believe me. I used to feel that way about cheese. Now I have more cheese than any other ingredient, probably. Flour is sitting everywhere, and more frequently than other ingredients, drops x2.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flour is kind of easy. On the docks in the first city you come to in Zone 1 is the Cake Vendors spot. Since this event provided the ingredients to make the cake, flour is there for free, in 2 to 4 nodes per location.

Edited by Nestor on February 21, 2017 10:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for the advice!
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »

EVERYTHING done under provisioning, vases, cups, bottles etc etc

Yes, why so much flour? It's be come a bit of a laugh among some of us in-game; "Chest? Forget that, get the flour!"
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy low level fire glyphs and deconstruct them for Rakeipa and you can buy flour from a grocer if you need to (though the cost is a bit high). The materials are out there if you want to pay for them. I'm not seeing the same shortages you are but perhaps it's different on the various platforms. I'm on PC/NA. I do my provisioning writs every day and have about 1500 of each provisioning mat stashed away and deconstructing all the white glyphs I pick up from killing mobs and looting chests has me at about 1000 of any given common runestone. I'm finding the bottleneck for furniture crafting to be the new mats, heartstone being the most coveted.

Flour is not purchasable from grocers. Never has been.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should only be a matter of time before people start dipping into their craft bags to sell off the flour. I have over 5,000...those hirelings add up. Some day players like me will start selling in guolld stores, then the prices will settle on something reasonable.
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda ridiculous that ALL the recipes require like 20 flour minimum. Can't it be a bit more variation, with some requiring OTHER provisioning ingredients. It all seems like very lazy coding, in the sense of "just make all green furniture require the same thing". Maybe they are setting up for flour in the crown crates?

I've been farming for a bit now (console), and it irks me to see that heartwood and bast are a much rarer drop then regulus in my experience, but there are far more plans for woodworking. It almost seems intentional that the most need mats are the rarest? Deco wax drops like candy.
    One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
    Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, there is grain (rye, wheat, etc) and there are mills... Why can't they make the mill useable, costing 100 grain and get 20 flour back.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whiphid wrote: »
    Deco wax drops like candy.
    I think that it seems this way because the Wax drops from provisioning nodes, and there are far more crates, sacks, boxes and so on than wood nodes.
    But just watch, the reaction to complaining about lack of heartwood will be some tweak that results in less decorative wax dropping now... lol