The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO ping seems to get higher through the course of time

Perwulf
Perwulf
✭✭✭✭✭
First of all I live in Asia, Philippines.

I remember back when I used to have a 5.5mbps connection and a stable 250-300 ping back then during launch. Now back in 2016 I noticed that my avg ping is now 265-310, played for a few months and stopped then I came back last year during April and played up to One Tamriel.

During One Tamriel my ping went 310-365 avg which made me stopped playing the game since I'm a PvP focused player and ofc you know the struggle of playing at that ping vs local ping. So after a few months of break I finally decided to switch my ISP to get a better ping for the games that I'm playing but also to get a stable ISP. I'm now using a 20mbps Fibr connection and I must say, my ping did improved a lot when playing games from NA. From 250-300 avg ping now at 165-180 & 200+ in some but nothing higher than 215

After a few weeks, I opened my e-mail and saw the news letter of ESO oh! boy how I missed this game then I quickly opened the launcher and patched the game also expecting to get a better ping but then it ended as a disappointment, it seems that my ping didn't even improved a bit, my ping just went back in time, my ping is still 266-285 avg.

I did a few tests on pings, not sure if I'm doing it right but here's the result:

CMD test for ESO:
JCpJNxC.png
Ping in game:
oor3I15.jpg

Did three available server tests in Austin TX(where ESO mega server is located?) using speedtest.net:
ECPI Western Broadband
6067107783.png
Time Warner Cable
6067169283.png
Data Foundry
6067183516.png

Pings in other games:
Tiger Knight:
opBkMIB.png
The Division:
NwAoj4G.png
Guild Wars 2 (just tested their site since I'm lazy patching this game but will updated after patching if needed):
s6nOKld.png

I did play a handful of games back then but now I just started to lose interest and only played a few from time to time.
Edited by Perwulf on February 20, 2017 5:52AM
"Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    do you like Moonlight Blade?
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    do you like Moonlight Blade?

Well that's way off topic but no, I'm not a fan of asian MMO games, it probably have something to do with their art style and engine used although it looks pretty damn interesting so I might give it a shot.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"