The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark brotherhood?

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
I personally don't own this dlc, but I was looking at it ( was bored but doesn't seem worth it) and I noticed it says you can assassinate npcs. This caught my attention because it got me thinking. Why don't I see a bunch of dead Npcs everywhere. For sure if I could assassinate npcs I would do it all the time. So can you only assassinate npcs in the Gold Coast?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can assassinate NPC anywhere. They just respawn very quickly. More often then not you'll see the NPC standing over his own corpse......which is a bit.......unsettling......
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you just haven't noticed them. I see dead npcs all over.
    You do find more assassinated npcs in the gold coast though.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because we don't want you to know about us...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my second favorite expansion .
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my second favorite expansion .

Seconded.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assassinating is nifty! And not only for the "bloody mess" cutscene, but also because it means a perfect stealth kill without fight if you manage your sneaking... and usable on a lot of dungeon trash mobs as well. How often was my main sneaking through some dwelve when a single mob blocked the path and I got thinking "Nah, fighting fair is just too much of a bother " and just snuck up to 'em and used the trusty old blade of woe...

And yes, it also works on unimportant NPCs all over the world. Heck, the daily mission of the brotherhood is going to assassinate some target somewhere aall over tamriel (well... somewhere in the basic zones anyhow).

The DLC questline itself is fun as well, though I enjoyed the sidequests way more then the main story... especially the "Sweetroll Killer"... still, its the same pattern as the thieves guild, and with a pretty classic plot to the mainstory as well... but fun if you like sneaking around and feeling all ninja-ish anyhow! And the region is nifty enough that even my non-criminal characters go there on occasion for the dailies...
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where you are looking.. but I'm seeing dead npc's all over the place. heck the other day, in malabal Tor, there was a pile of like.. dozen bodies of the same npc, because the moment he would respawn, a waiting assasin would kill it. and as they respawn quickly? his bodies didn't have a chance to despawn :P I mean.. there is a thread on this very forum about how assassination is getting out of hand. me? I first pickpocket them and THEN I assassinate them :P
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    So, are you telling us YOU CAN'T SEE DEAD PEOPLE? xD
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood is the only way to obtain Black Hand Robe, which in my opinion is the coolest costume in-game at the moment.
  • NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭
    after a break up i just go and find every eh looking guy to blow off some steam
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't own this dlc, but I was looking at it ( was bored but doesn't seem worth it) and I noticed it says you can assassinate npcs. This caught my attention because it got me thinking. Why don't I see a bunch of dead Npcs everywhere. For sure if I could assassinate npcs I would do it all the time. So can you only assassinate npcs in the Gold Coast?

That one sentence says a lot about you as a person.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once walked into the temple in Wayrest and found the entire place scattered with dead bodies and one player, dressed all in black, standing on the altar casually sorting through her inventory as if it was the most normal thing in the world. It was an incredibly disturbing scene to walk in on.

But usually you'll just see the dead bodies of random NPCs in back alleys, on the docks and other relatively quiet places in town and cities all over Tamriel.

The weird thing is the NPC will respawn before the body disappears so you'll often see the same person standing on top of their corpse.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FlicksZ
    FlicksZ
    ✭✭✭
    Blade of Woe!!!

- Keep getting a bounty trying to reorganise people's houses? BoW!

- Abysmal pickpocketing skills? BoW!

- Great pickpocketing skills and want tiny exp too? BoW!

- Just want to kill some npcs without accumulating millions in bounty? BoW!

- Don't care about the bounty and want to make a scene? BoW!

- Like gore? BoW!

- Want assassination quests? DB dlc using, yes you guessed it...... BoW!!!

* Beware the goats, they will tell the guards if you kill their owner :D
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlicksZ wrote: »

Just Kidding ? :D
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlicksZ wrote: »

Just Kidding ? :D

Its true, the goats & the guards have a thing going and its gonna negativelyt effect your bounty.
    Gotta wonder what the goats get out of the deal though....