The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which target dummy is the unofficial standard?

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Which of the two dummies are people using to determine standardized DPS numbers?

I've read that the regular dummy has less magicka resistance than the robust one, which means they will give wildly different results. I don't want to waste my gold on the wrong one.
Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 20, 2017 12:17AM
  • Nerdman9
    Nerdman9
    ✭✭
    I would say it depends on if you're doing it solo or with a group. I've noticed that alone I can't sustain long enough to kill the robust one on a mag dk, but the normal one is fine.

However, if you want to get a better idea of what your dps will be in a raid scenario and have a few people to debuff the skelly and to buff you, then the robust one is the way to go.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3mil has been kinda the "standard" i don't think it will change now tbh
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the two dummies are people using to determine standardized DPS numbers?

I've read that the regular dummy has less magicka resistance than the robust one, which means they will give wildly different results. I don't want to waste my gold on the wrong one.

I don't know how it is across the entire NA server, but at least within my guild and the pve guilds I run with the Robust is the one you benchmark on. The reason is that you test your sustained dps on a target that can't be burst down (like Blood Spawn) and has a lot of resistances like a veteran trial boss. Even on the highest solo dps I have seen it still took 2½ minutes, so it is pretty hard to cheese the dps like you could with Blood Spawn or any other sub 2million hp targets and it's a great way to clearly see what you'll be able to accomplish in a trial (obviously without buffs and such).
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 million is fine. Alot of the classes built for DPS cannot take down the 6 million health one without running dry or using heavy attacks and other methods they wouldn't realistically rely on a trial. Because in trials you are getting orbs shards and blah blah.

Alot of guild's make players do very silly DPS tests. that then make players "build" lol for the test. Very silly.

MagSorcs run dry in about a minute. But in good trial groups your magic is fine.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran group dungeon final bosses are usually around 2.5 to 4 million health (without reading the scroll) so I'd say that would be the standard.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally prefer the 6million one because it forces you to manage your resources. It's also more accurate for a trial setting.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MLGProPlayer

Really depends on the guild. Some guilds are fine with the 3m HP and others want the 6 mil HP (which also allows more chance to make up for a mistake).
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends, 3m HP is good for vet dungeon bosses while 6m HP may be better suited to trial bosses.
    I base it off the 3m HP but can depend on the guild.