The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which houses have the best value?

JWKe
JWKe
✭✭✭✭
Hi forum friends,

Ive finally earned enough gold to buy a small-medium house. What are some 'best bang for your buck' houses?

world of thanks.
Edited by JWKe on February 20, 2017 12:18AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's depends on your criteria for a good house.

Boulder tree refuge has a huge amount of space, but weird round rooms.
    Mournoth Keep has awesome "tiers" and is right near a way shrine
    Velothi Reverie has a really nice internal layout including a "dungeon"

I'd recommend looking at http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/housing/
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    That's depends on your criteria for a good house.

Boulder tree refuge has a huge amount of space, but weird round rooms.
    Mournoth Keep has awesome "tiers" and is right near a way shrine
    Velothi Reverie has a really nice internal layout including a "dungeon"

I'd recommend looking at http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/housing/

This site is awesome! I used it for previewing how armor would look, now I can see which housing furnishings I would want to craft.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumns Gate (60k gold) and Mournoth Keep (325k gold) are two good value homes in the small to mid range.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my fave is Velothi reverie as its practically a large home sold at a price of a medium one.

of the small houses - Autumn's gate has decent amount of space inside and out for its price, while if you prefer more arid environments, Twin Arches is amazing value for the 73k gold it costs. even with inability to use its flat roof (shame!)

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    my fave is Velothi reverie as its practically a large home sold at a price of a medium one.

of the small houses - Autumn's gate has decent amount of space inside and out for its price, while if you prefer more arid environments, Twin Arches is amazing value for the 73k gold it costs. even with inability to use its flat roof (shame!)

100% I love the snug looking backyard Velothi has.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep is the best value medium house in the game (and probably the best value period). It is about the same size or bigger than a lot of the large homes like Dawnshadow (1.28 million), Stay Moist Manor (760k), and Mistveil Manor (1.02 million).

Domus Phrasticus and Velothi Reverie are also good value in the medium category.

For small homes, Autumn's Gate is by far the best value, followed by Twin Arches and Cyrodillic Jungle House.

I determine value based on price per square footage of interior and exterior. Location is largely irrelevant since you can port for free anywhere you want using guild mates.

Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 20, 2017 1:32AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cyrodiil jungle house would be if it wasn't locked behind a paywall to buy with gold . Right inside the Baandari trading post with garden included around 70 something K .

The house in Bankori gets pretty close too .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on February 20, 2017 1:38AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some solid responses here. Gonna bookmark this for reference come Tuesday, if I go along with buying a home.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while I do have Cyrodilic jungle house, its actualy one of the smaller houses in terms of internal space - when it comes to small houses. what it does have though is quite possibly the largest yard you can get with small house selection, including Twin Arches. the main benefit of that home is that it doesn't require any quest completion, provided you have imperial edition on your account.

my personal fave is actualy Autumn's gate, followed by Black Vine Villa.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually hoping for an Orc Longhouse =/ It's a shame there isn't a design like that yet.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Crestshade. It's a medium home with an upstairs and plenty of room, and it's in a town that has every crafting station available, a bank, a fence, and stables, and a wayshrine. The only downside is there is no exterior yard where you can display your mounts. I thought it was a pretty good value for 255,000.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on February 20, 2017 2:31AM
  • amanozako
    amanozako
    Twin Arches. 10/10
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner House. It has the best interior layout of all the homes, period, with three huge floors of equal size and a massive amount of square footage. It also has a fireplace and three entrances/exits. You can use dividers to give the open floor plan some traditional rooms, but I didn't and the as such the rooms look expansive. It's right in the middle of Wayrest too, so it has immediate access to everything, including crafting stations, stores, traders, wayshrine, the Undaunted Enclave, and the Thieves Refuge is right around the corner. There's a manor down the street I raid every time I port to the house, so I have a ton of recipes now. The outside space is small, but I lined it with trees and a fountain and it looks like a secret garden.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought velothi reverie. It's a medium house but seems more like a large one.
    It has a main floor level room with 2 side rooms, a 'dungeon' level room, 2 upper level rooms and an outside court yard.
    I actually liked it better than the large houses.

I think it's was around 330K gold which is on the expensive side for a medium house, but it's worth it.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    I'm actually hoping for an Orc Longhouse =/ It's a shame there isn't a design like that yet.

I was questing through Betnikh once again the other day and decided I would absolutely love to see an Orc style longhouse added in the future!
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the 40k Argonian house deserves an honorable mention. Very cheap and has a backyard area. Very good for storing furniture. 40k for 100 furniture slots essentially.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started with Twin Arches due to the low price and the nice walled-in yard and it even has a deck you can put patio furniture on. Plus it's an L shape on the inside so throw in a divider (preferably the Nord one) and boom, instant bedroom area.

Then I bought Mournoth Keep and moved in there. Nice large upper deck, huge yard, 2 story home and very cheap for the size. Plus wherever you are in the world you can TP to your home, go out the front door, and walk right into a wayshrine.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me Mournoth Keep was the best value for money,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget you can preview all of the houses before buying them (if you're on console you'll get this option after the update drops). You can walk around inside them and see them both unfurnished and furnished. The only thing you can't do is move or place furnishings, but the pre-furnished preview gives you and idea of how much stuff will fit.

I definitely recommend previewing at least the one/s you're thinking of buying and a few others in the same price range. I thought I knew exactly which one I was going to get, but after previewing a few I completely changed my mind and went for one I wouldn't even have considered if I hadn't previewed it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange how nobody is mentioning the Hunding's Palatial Hall, which is HUGE, multiple decks, multiple ocean views, views of the harbor, it is absolutely amazing. Also, the Forsaken Stronghold is awesome too, huge with plenty of awesome views.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    The houses mentioned are really the best for your gold, yes. I can wholly recommend Autumn's Gate, which is a small house located next to Nimalten in the Rift. The view, accordingly, is very nice once you build over the fence. The interior is huge for a small house, and the garden is also spacious. Still haven't filled all the slots, and I even built an additional floor inside, and balconies and floating structures on the roof/in the air.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Strange how nobody is mentioning the Hunding's Palatial Hall, which is HUGE, multiple decks, multiple ocean views, views of the harbor, it is absolutely amazing. Also, the Forsaken Stronghold is awesome too, huge with plenty of awesome views.

Topic starter was asking about small-medium houses. So, I don't think he got a million+ for Hunding's or Stronghold.
    Nethertheless, Hunding's Palatial Hall is the most worthy big house. It's awesomely huge and beautiful. But I don't like that architecture style, so I'd rather Forsaken Stronghold, but it's too far from any cities or wayshrines. That's sad. Yeah, I know about teleporting to guildies, but...
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    medium homes

Sleek Creek is right beside rawlkha which has everything in a small area and all the crafting stations outdoors. The property itself features a massive exterior floor space and a good portion is basically an open air ground floor. there is water and yard and the entrance to the thieve's den is just outside the side door. location and function - it is phenomenal.

Velothi Reverie is less good for location, not much around it but the layout interior is fan friggin tastic. it has actuall roms on three floors plus a backyard. Worth it for the layout in spite of the location.

House of the Silent Magnifico - i really like the interior layout and look of the place. its also convenient to the wayshrine, guild traders and so on. one downside is the roof is actually "outside" of the house so that means you can jump down to the street but cannot decorate the roof. Another is no real outside - no yard. I like yards. But the inside is to me gorgeous. So i give it a pass.

these are the three mediums i bought. So that as good of a ref as i can give.

But be sure and get the three freebies rooms and consider some of the cheap apartments for good port-to-free use.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought Snugpod for its convenience: I only do Master Writs on Sundays (from the rewards I got on my various characters throughout the week), so spending the whole afternoon running up and down Elden Root tree for the Alchemy and Enchanting ones got old really fast.

Now I got the consumables' crafting stations there, and it's much faster.
    PC-EU
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Autumn's Gate also has the plus of coming with a working fireplace by default.