Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Imperial Race

AlvinAwesome212
Hello, I just got the Gold edition of ESO, but for some reason, the Imperial race isnt in the list when I make a new character. Do I need to finish the quest first or something? Cheers!
Name: AlvinAwesome
Guild: The Lunar Collective
Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
  • samytheslayer
    samytheslayer
    ✭✭
    You need to purchase the Imperial Edition to use the imperial race.
  • AlvinAwesome212
    The gold edition already has the Imperial edition. Or is it different? Cause in my collections, its already added too.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the Gold Edition includes the Imperial race. You'll need to look at the Crown Store and purchase it there if you want it.
  • Rene_Valionus
    Rene_Valionus
    ✭✭✭
    This is the most commonly confused issue with the gold edition that I've been seeing asked in steam... as mentioned by others you need the "Imperial Edition Upgrade" from the crown store to access the Imperial race, the gold comes with 4 DLC's(and a horse) one of them being the Imperial City DLC not the Imperial race, although i can see how that can cause confusions for new players.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gold Edition comes with the Imperial City DLC. This is different to the Imperial Edition Upgrade, in spite of the very similar names.

The Imperial Edition allows you to create Imperial characters, gives you a free white horse and a mudcrab pet and lets you convert most equipment to the Imperial style.

The Imperial City DLC lets you enter the Imperial City in the center of Cyrodiil, which is a PvE/PvP zone (PvE quests etc. but other players can kill you) and gives you two new dungeons.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI physicial Imperial Edition contains a code that can be entered for the upgrade so if you find a physical edition on sale cheaper than the digital upgrade you can do that and still not need to play off a disk.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • AlvinAwesome212
    I see... so these are 2 different DLCs. I understand now. Thanks so much for all the feedback.